Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
01 pt cruiser timing belt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Feb 2014, 10:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 01 pt cruiser timing belt

I purchased a 01 Cruiser 2.4 liter with A busted timing belt as a project car for me and my son I'm reading online that this is a non interference motor meaning the Pistons will not hit the valves but I also hear that it's possible for the valves to hit each other I don't quite understand that but how often does that happen timing belt went at low speed also if anyone has a PDF manual that they could send me my email address is Gcannino@yahoo.com also I'm assuming that because it's a non interference motor that I can rotate the crank and the cams to line up the timing marks without doing any damage to the motor thanks new to the forum Gary
Old 25 Feb 2014, 10:59 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 01 pt cruiser timing belt

Yes, you are right. They can have an opposing valve hit each other. Usually at high rpm. The only cases I personally read here were from folks paying someone else to do and were told that they had bent valves. IDK In the tech and performance page , at the top are sticky that will help. Go to how to's and look for replacing timing belt and harmonic balanced removal, tip and tricks. Lots of pic in the second. Take pics as you go and especially the timing marks after you get it on. This is a good reference after you close up if anything pops up to bring anything into question. Also start it before you put the covers back while motor is still loose. To verify that it's right. We will answer any questions you may have.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com