Advertisements
Sunroof Not Closing

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By randyincctx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Feb 2014, 12:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Sunroof Not Closing

My sunroof has recently decided not to close all the way, resulting in a lake in my floorboard, the cruise control button occasionally not working and who knows what else. It seems water pools up by the sunroof then runs down near the windshield into the floorboard. Depending on what way I turn when I first drive the car after a rain dictates what gets wet.

Anyway... when I try to open it, it seems one side tries to open but the other one doesn't. It gets stuck with only a small gap of opening. When I try to close it, one side seems to close all the way but the other side never lifts up to seal the opening.

Is there a cable on each side? It seems difficult to diagnose because I can't really get up there to see with the sunroof closed.

Thanks in advance!
Old 27 Feb 2014, 01:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Sunroof Not Closing

apparently this is the problem piece... any ideas or diagrams of how this piece goes back in?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1558382_10202296303722305_517034915_n.jpg (69.8 KB, 21 views)
Old 28 Feb 2014, 12:22 am
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: Sunroof Not Closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAstronomer View Post
It seems water pools up by the sunroof then runs down near the windshield into the floorboard. Depending on what way I turn when I first drive the car after a rain dictates what gets wet.
For one thing;It sounds like the left & right drain hoses are probably clogged up with dirt/debris(somewhat common issue w/sunroofs).
As for that part IDK what that is.......But,in order to see the full operation of the sunroof,you'll probably need to pull the headliner to check/service it properly.
TheAstronomer likes this.

Tags
sunroof