2001 New belt too small

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By slight_leak

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Mar 2014, 04:22 am
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy 2001 New belt too small

(skip this paragraph for question)
Hello everyone, I'm glad I found this forum. I recently purchased a 2001 PT Cruiser 2.4 L base model. The engine was bad, so I got a Jasper Engines re-manufactured engine. Everything went pretty well with the install, just fired it up over the weekend. Purrs like a kitten.

My problem is the belt does not fit. I have a Goodyear Gatorback 4040560 and double checked and it is correct. I thought maybe someone put the wrong accessory on from another year, but the newer PT's belt is shorter
I'm stumped
I am waiting for warmer weather to tackle this problem further. Hope to get ideas here.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 07:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2001 New belt too small

Quote:
Originally Posted by slight_leak View Post
(skip this paragraph for question)
Hello everyone, I'm glad I found this forum. I recently purchased a 2001 PT Cruiser 2.4 L base model. The engine was bad, so I got a Jasper Engines re-manufactured engine. Everything went pretty well with the install, just fired it up over the weekend. Purrs like a kitten.

My problem is the belt does not fit. I have a Goodyear Gatorback 4040560 and double checked and it is correct. I thought maybe someone put the wrong accessory on from another year, but the newer PT's belt is shorter
I'm stumped
I am waiting for warmer weather to tackle this problem further. Hope to get ideas here.
Maybe you have the belts swapped the alt belt is different than the power steering belt. Check the routing if it's the front belt.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 13 Mar 2014, 09:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

Had a nissan I did that with and the belt was smaller. Engine was jdm and something was different about the set up. I can't remember what it was. I took the old belt to autoz and told them to get me matching belt. I didn't care about exactly why it was different, blah blah just give me the !$!% belt. Got matching belt, installed and good to go.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 04:58 am
Fresh Cruiser

I figured it out. I had it routed wrong. I thought there was only 1 way to do it, but there is two. The wrong way seems like it's almost long enough. The right way it goes right on.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.