PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
side light replacement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Mar 2014, 04:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default side light replacement

hi folks,
just replacing the headlamp bulbs on my new cruiser, done the low and high beam bulbs, but how do you get the side light bulb out, couldnt get the holder to shift, does it twist like the others or what?
frustrating not getting it out while i was in there as they are not the easiest light to replace bulbs on, and my hands are sore to prove the tight space too.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 04:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: side light replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by piliff View Post
hi folks,
just replacing the headlamp bulbs on my new cruiser, done the low and high beam bulbs, but how do you get the side light bulb out, couldnt get the holder to shift, does it twist like the others or what?
frustrating not getting it out while i was in there as they are not the easiest light to replace bulbs on, and my hands are sore to prove the tight space too.
Yes they twist.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 23 Mar 2014, 04:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

When you introduced yourself to the forum, you said you had a 2.2 ltr CRD which means your over in Europe, England or someplace else other than the U.S. Here on this side of the pond we don't have the side/repeater lights.

Of the pictures I've seen, it looks like some or part of the inner fender might have to come out to get to the light. Here's a picture of one of the members on the forum showing the side light.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 05:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

hi guys, thought they may twist, but was hard to move it, need a bit of spray lube to loosen it maybe, or brute force,

yes i am in the uk with my 2.2 diesel, they light im referring to is the small side light next to the headlamp buld in the front headlight unit.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 05:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yea, it sure does clear things up when you explain it properly.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 06:01 pm
Veteran Cruiser

From a 2003 shop manual:
"SIDE REPEATER LAMP UNIT -EXPORT
REMOVAL
(1) Remove the appropriate front wheel well splash shield retaining screws. Reaching through wheel well, depress side repeater lamp retaining tabs
and release from front fender.
(2) Pull side repeater lamp out and disengage bulb socket from lamp.
INSTALLATION
(1) Push side repeater lamp socket into side repeater lamp.
(2) Position side repeater lamp to hole in fender.
(3) Push side repeater lamp to one side and seat retaining tab into fender.
(4) Verify lamp operation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by piliff View Post
hi guys, thought they may twist, but was hard to move it, need a bit of spray lube to loosen it maybe, or brute force,

yes i am in the uk with my 2.2 diesel, they light im referring to is the small side light next to the headlamp buld in the front headlight unit.
Old 04 Jun 2014, 03:40 pm
Regular Cruiser

I. Know this is an old post but having similar problem... Uk cruisers have sidelight in the headlamp unit, between the dipped beam bulb and the indicator bulb. Drivers side twisted out with a bit of gentle persuasion, passenger side, the grey tab broke making it an absolute nightmare now! Gonna have to remove the whole headlight assembly to get some pliers onto the stub. Pita job as have to remove a wheel, wheel arch liner, drop the front bumper cover, remove headlight, replace bulb then reassemble it all and realign the headlamp... All for a tiny bulb!!! Gonna wait for the rain to stop before tackling that one!!!

2002 PT Cruiser CRD in Bright Silver.

Current Upgrades
Chrome door handle cups, chrome pillar covers, tinted windows, custom vinyl flame decals, alloy wheel decals, Enrgy bush kit, Engine cover MOD, LED Side Repeaters
17" Ace Manta Alloys, Red Brake callipers, Front grille MOD

Project list (wish list)
Rear bumper mod to DIY roll pan
Custom paint job (probably purple front end with flames running into the silver)
Air intake upgrade...
Old 04 Jun 2014, 04:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Crezwin how did you make your vet leagle when you had it across the waters????? do you ahev to alter much--was it odd driving on the WRONG side of the road and or car???
Old 04 Jun 2014, 05:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cruserdad,

To make the Vette legal to drive and pass the M.O.T. (Ministry Of Transport) test, On the front you have to have white lights come on with the first turning of the ignition key. I hooked up the front white fog lights to an ignition source. On the rear of any car, you need to have two things: amber turn signal lights and a rearward facing 21 watt, red light for foggy days/nights. One of my Corvette catalogs carried amber lights and I swapped two of my rear lights for those and I added a red, 21 watt light that I picked up at a auto store (Halfords is a big name in England) and just added that red light to the bottom of the bumper with a toggle switch in the interior.

The licence tags (white front/ yellow rear) could be just a little bigger that U/S. tags but the lettering on the tags had to be of a certain height which just happen to fit on the plate size we could use.

Photobucket is down right now or I post pictures.

Driving on the left takes some getting use to. I only ran into a problem once in awhile when I wasn't thinking. Most of the time when I first got over there I would keep repeating to myself "keep left". They have Round-A-Bouts at most intersections except in the center of towns and they always have arrows telling you which way to enter. It's a little tricky passing sometimes as you sit in the car next to the curb instead of next to the center line so pulling out to pass was always a gamble.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 04 Jun 2014 at 05:17 pm.
Old 24 Apr 2015, 06:48 am
Fresh Cruiser

Stealing an old thread!
Europe cruisers have parking light/sidelight in the headlamp unit, between the dipped beam bulb and the indicator bulb.
Once I take out the panel under the wing I see there is a squarish plastic box on the left and above the blinker/indicator light.

I assume this box holds the little parking light bulb?

I can turn this box anticlockwise and it gets loose but does not come out! Is there a trick to this? I am worried about using too much force! Any tips please?

The other bulbs (headlight and indicator) come out easily (of course)!