Advertisements
Error p0303 after running air conditioner

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jamajessie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Apr 2014, 04:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Error p0303 after running air conditioner

I have a 2001 pt cruiser limited edition with 90600 miles. Just had the water pump timing belt changed in Dec...... 900 bucks at Christmas time Okay yesterday it was warm outside so I had the air on while running errands around town. Suddenly it starts idling and hesitating so I turned the air off then the check engine light came on first time since the water pump incident that has ever came on. Do you think running the air had something to do with it. All this happened after I filled the gas tank.
So I took it to autozone for the TEST lol..okay I'm a girly girl and know very little about cars. the code was P0303 . my pt has been idling and burning the hell out of gas for a while even before the timing change... Today hubby changed the spark plugs and wires. I drove it and it's running great. No idling or hesitating and the check engine light went off. So do you think it's now safe to run the AC again?
Old 14 Apr 2014, 06:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Error p0303 after running air conditioner

Yes.
If it starts to act up - keep an eye on the temp gauge - the engine fan may not be working.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 15 Apr 2014, 12:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

All is good! Drove over 60 miles today ran smooth. Here is a picture of her.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131109_134033.jpg (97.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 15 Apr 2014, 01:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Hubby done good...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 15 Apr 2014, 01:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yes he did! Thanks to you guys posting detailed directions!
podo2000 likes this.