Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
How Does The Car Know??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Apr 2014, 08:21 pm
Young Cruiser

Default How Does The Car Know??

I went to get a multifunction switch, a cam sensor, and a crank position sensor. The multifunction switch went crazy right at install. The other two sensors made me think I dodged a bullet and that they were going to work until more codes..... I never learn I have been around cars trucks, and motorcycles all my life. They need a part you go the always helpful kid behind the counter who read a magazine, and is going to tell you about your car and what you need to do. But no this car knows what it likes and doesn't like. How does it know OE from aftermarket ??
Old 23 Apr 2014, 08:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: How Does The Car Know??

It's a PT Cruiser !!!

Those of us that have been around awhile, seen the hundreds of posts where after-market sensors didn't work from the beginning or fail shortly after try and tell everyone on the forum to go for MOPAR/Chrysler parts.

Really, the car doesn't know. Although some on the forum say it doesn't matter, that all sensors are made all over the world and you don't know what your getting even at the dealer, there's more and more proof that most aftermarket sensor look exactly the same as MOPAR but are made cheaply and don't last. I could pull one after the other older thread where the owner had to buy MOPAR after trying/experimenting with parts from after-market.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 09:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

just what Crezwin said I put a oriley can sensor in my PT lasted a week put a napa cam sensorlaster 2 days put a Mopar cam sensor its still running
Old 24 Apr 2014, 10:32 am
Young Cruiser

I know have read that many many times but i just hopped that i could sneek by.. guess not lol. I should have the OE sensors today, if they have them in stock. I will see if that fixes this mess !!!