PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
confused and frustrated need help badly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Apr 2014, 02:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default confused and frustrated need help badly!

Okay so my 05pt cruiser ice had for 2 months has had no issues no problems no problem starting no shifting problems I mean nothing. I drove down road and on way back I noticed my son pushing the button on the gear shift told him to stop couple seconds later I think he shifted it while I was driving down to third. So I put back n drive and pressed gas it done nothing didnt rev up or nothing I pulled over put in park shut it off...thought it wld restart no problem but no I turned the key it didnt click turn over crank nothing all the light and radio worked but wldnt restart...what cls this be?? Tried jumping it didnt work tried switching the fuse things didnt work I am completely clueless please help!!!
Old 26 Apr 2014, 03:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: confused and frustrated need help badly!

First, if your son is young enough to mess around with the shift lever while your driving and not know any better, he probably should have been strapped in the back seat not the front. Children under 6 years old in most states need to be in the back.

It sounds like something happened when your son shifted that the transmission doesn't know it's in park or neutral now so it's not engaging the starter mechanism. There's a brake interlock that makes you push the brake pedal down when starting the car. Are you doing that?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 05:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: confused and frustrated need help badly!

Agree w/Crewzin.
Move the shift lever thru all the gears (need key on ) and go neutral and Park and then try to start.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 27 Apr 2014, 09:25 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Post Re: confused and frustrated need help badly!

Sounds like it may have caused damage to the gear shift cable,or caused it to become out of adjustment.....It could also caused damage to the shift interlock cable and/or solenoid.
These links show what I'm referring to better:

http://www.justanswer.com/chrysler/2...s-reverse.html
http://www.justanswer.com/chrysler/2...djustment.html
http://www.justanswer.com/chrysler/2...ox-44-000.html