Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
They screwed my car! My car! :O OMG!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Apr 2014, 12:03 pm
Young Cruiser

Default They screwed my car! My car! :O OMG!

well, after a week of battle against the bank that financed my 2003 pt cruiser they finally found a flaw with their payment system and gave me my car back. so I went to pickit up in the auction lot because it was nearly going to be auctioned to someone so I picked it up and when I got inside I notice i could change gears with key out of ignition and not applying brakes which I started asking why my car is doing this when they repo guy took the car working properly. also my steering wheel wont even lock which can let any person to steal my car all he needs to do is get inside the car because you don't need the key to put it in neutral and turn the wheel O.o.
Well anyways they denied doing anything to the car and now i'm stuck with a car that can easily be stolen my any chump O.o.
Cause of this? anyone?

p.s the button also locked itself pushed in when in park and only comes out when in neutral
Old 29 Apr 2014, 12:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: They screwed my car! My car! :O OMG!

Go to the dealer and get an estimate. Try to find a lawyer from another town. To get you compensation for you damages and time and anguish on this. They should have delivered your car back to you if it's the banks fault. If you're a minority, you shouldn't have much trouble getting it done.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 29 Apr 2014, 12:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

well good news except for you advertising that you have no steering lock on an open forum a PT is on the extremely low list of cars that are stolen.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 29 Apr 2014, 12:39 pm
Veteran Cruiser

you can put any manual car in neutral so i wouldn't worry about that too much from a thief perspective. you can also break a steering lock by twisting the wheel like a man, so that isn't much of a theft deterrent either.

i agree it sucks that your car isn't in the condition it was when you lost it, but i wouldn't worry about it too much. i mean, you can either drive the car like that(or fix it yourself), or go deal with court, pay lawyers money you likely don't have, and hope that someday it turns out in your favor.

my car is stick and i removed the steering lock when i made my own ignition actuator. unfortunately, nobody has stolen it yet.

a new actuator to fix the steering lock is about $30 and takes 15 minutes to swap out, not nearly worth the effort of going to court..

Last edited by rob342; 29 Apr 2014 at 12:43 pm.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 01:27 pm
Young Cruiser

I can fix it myself because I dont trust dealerships and also I will get compensation from my insurance so all I need to know is what is the reason iits doing this? and its an Automatic transmission
Old 29 Apr 2014, 01:56 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX125 View Post
I can fix it myself because I dont trust dealerships and also I will get compensation from my insurance so all I need to know is what is the reason iits doing this? and its an Automatic transmission
if it were me, i'd pop the cover off the steering column and inspect the ignition actuator for the steering lock issue.

^the metal rectangle in the link/pic locks the steering.

then look at the shift interlock cable for the shifter problem. i've seen good posts about troubleshooting that on here. it might be fixed when you fix the actuator issue though.

shouldn't be too bad. you will need a torx security bit with the hollow tip to get to the actuator though.

please post carnage pics if you find the problem (:
Old 29 Apr 2014, 01:59 pm
Young Cruiser

when the car was on the auction lot they messed with the key switch system to remove the gps the bank added could that be the main problem?
Old 29 Apr 2014, 02:13 pm
Veteran Cruiser

if you mean the ignition key, then yes. if they have a key for some separate gps box thing they installed, then i wouldn't know.

there's a lot of little fragile parts in the actuator.

I'd see about having the GPS place fix it. If they added/removed something in there, they can't deny it's their fault. Go scream and make a scene.

Last edited by rob342; 29 Apr 2014 at 02:26 pm.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 02:28 pm
Veteran Cruiser

They should fix it. If they have equipment in there it's probably illegal for you to tamper with it, meaning they need to fix it. Explain it to the bank.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 02:41 pm
Banned

Lol really?

You have to be able to prove they broke it.

It's your word against there's and when you have no proof you lose.

Saying it was fine before is no proof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Go to the dealer and get an estimate. Try to find a lawyer from another town. To get you compensation for you damages and time and anguish on this. They should have delivered your car back to you if it's the banks fault. If you're a minority, you shouldn't have much trouble getting it done.

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 29 Apr 2014 at 02:43 pm.