Advertisements
GT Performance Rethink - a new plan?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By apexanimal
  • 1 Post By NitroPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 May 2014, 09:34 am
Regular Cruiser

Default GT Performance Rethink - a new plan?

Need adise from the PT Pros!
I have an 04 GT. Mods are ST1 Module, ST2 Wastegate Actuator, Mopar BOV, Airforce One Cold Air, Mopar Cat-Back, Suncoast Ram-Air hood. I am showing between 13-15 lb. of boost, but at WOT the injector duty cycle is @89-93%. A Dynojet revealed that the air/fuel mixture was lean. This is my plan - first switch out the ST1 Module and ST2 Actuator and go back to the originals, purchase the Diablosport Intune and install the canned 93 tune, and recheck the injector duty cycle. If it's still high install 650cc or 750cc injectors, check the duty cycle again, have it dyno'd, and then if it's still lean consider installing a wideband and a custom tune. I don't have a large budget, and I'm thinking if I take the Intune step and possibly upgrade the injectors I may be able to fix the lean issue and get the same or better performance I have now. Thoughts?
Old 04 May 2014, 09:39 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: GT Performance Rethink - a new plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevhead View Post
Need adise from the PT Pros!
I have an 04 GT. Mods are ST1 Module, ST2 Wastegate Actuator, Mopar BOV, Airforce One Cold Air, Mopar Cat-Back, Suncoast Ram-Air hood. I am showing between 13-15 lb. of boost, but at WOT the injector duty cycle is @89-93%. A Dynojet revealed that the air/fuel mixture was lean. This is my plan - first switch out the ST1 Module and ST2 Actuator and go back to the originals, purchase the Diablosport Intune and install the canned 93 tune, and recheck the injector duty cycle. If it's still high install 650cc or 750cc injectors, check the duty cycle again, have it dyno'd, and then if it's still lean consider installing a wideband and a custom tune. I don't have a large budget, and I'm thinking if I take the Intune step and possibly upgrade the injectors I may be able to fix the lean issue and get the same or better performance I have now. Thoughts?
PM Lynn (AKA) NitroPT

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 04 May 2014, 02:23 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to apexanimal

You should really have a wideband regardless if you're playing around with this stuff...

IMHO, that would be priority one... Then do some data logging and find out what is going on for sure....

Then let us know what you find and well sort through it from there...
Kevhead likes this.
Old 04 May 2014, 05:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Danny he did om me and we are working on a simple solutions that he won't have to spend any un-necessary money and will need for his PT with the upgrades he has and in the future.

I do agree with Scott, an Air Fuel Ratio gauge is really a must when you start doing out of the box engine upgrades.
Kevhead likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN