Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Multiple Sensor Error Lights Flashing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 May 2014, 05:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Multiple Sensor Error Lights Flashing

Okay, here goes: 2006 Standard PT Cruiser. 80K mileage. The sensor lights - all of them: oil, engine, seat belt, etc. flash for a second or two. The gas gauge needle drops at the same time. When the the sensors lights disappear, the needle reverts to normal, meaning it becomes accurate again in reading the gas level. The car itself does not stutter or lose power. It brakes appropriately. It happened two or three times last summer on some very hot days but not at all over the winter (Nashville TN) but today it hit 87 degrees and did it about ten times. I lost count because I was counting my number of heart attacksI'm driving about 45 miles over relatively smooth road. I can't think of anything thing else to add that might be pertinent but any knowledgeable help would be hugely appreciated so I can at least walk into an Auto Electrical Service place not sounding like a complete dunce.
Old 05 May 2014, 05:30 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Multiple Sensor Error Lights Flashing

Check ground wires on front struts
(As static build up could be discharging through the case of the PCM )
Old 05 May 2014, 06:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

While your at it, check all your grounding straps and include the cables on your battery. Well hidden, the battery is soon forgotten until trouble comes along. Check for good contacts and any corrosion that might be around the battery terminals. Odd things happen to the electrical system when the battery is getting low or it's not supplying full voltage to the electrical system because it's not making good contact.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 May 2014, 12:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I wanted to say thanks to my two responders. I don't know if anyone else who may have the same apparent problems will have the same solutions but I thought I'd post what the mechanic did to fix the problem:

a. Ignition switch was replaced
b. Spark plugs replaced.

Big chunk of change but touch wood, so far so good.

Thanks again!
Old 28 May 2014, 01:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The ignition switch should not have cost much and was your dash problem - the plugs and wires I assume was because you were overdue in changing them.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles