PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rebuilt PCM Supplier

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 May 2014, 04:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Rebuilt PCM Supplier

Hi All,

I am probably not the first to comment on this supplier, but just in case I am the first, Auto Computer Resources Inc in Miami, FL is terrific. Great product, can't beat the price and excellent customer service as well.

Having just bought my 2002 PT Cruiser I scanned the PCM and got the good old p 601 and the check engine light was on. I cleared the code and it came right back. My first search yielded rebuilt computers for quite a bit more. I landed on the ACR Inc. site and called them. They offer a plus in that they upgrade the reman and it is a plug and play. I received the unit in 3 days (free shipping) and changed out the PCM in about 10 minutes. Started the PT and within 3 seconds the check engine light was out. Ran a scan and the P 601 was history.

The PT runs strong with a very smooth idle. Full road test tomorrow.

One of the pluses with ACR Inc. is that the reman unit is warranted for life as long as you own the car. One requirement is that you send back the old unit within 14 days to put the warranty in effect.

I am saving the best for last. The reman unit was $ 200.00 with free shipping and free return shipping of the core.

This supplier is well worth considering if you need a new PCM

<allcomputerresources.com>

Cheers to all the PT Cruisers

Don

CorvetteMan
Old 09 May 2014, 04:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Rebuilt PCM Supplier

Here is the http to contact them:

All Computer Resources Dodge Jeep Chrysler Ford GM OEM Engine Computer Auto Computer Dodge PCM Chrysler PCM Jeep PCM Store

I have used them before for customers rides and they are not to bad. They will give you the re-manufactured PCM/ECM/ECU/TCM/TCU usually with the latest firmware but your need to specifically ask if you are getting it with your unit and the date of the update they are using.
Latest to them means the last firm ware they had access to, which may not necessarily be the most current one available.

Their warranty is fairly good. You just need to know that you must return the PCM/ECU in question for them to test at your expense. If it test faulty they replace it freight paid. However if the unit proves to be ok you must pay the return freight for the tested unit.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN