Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Having issues with my starter relay.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 May 2014, 09:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Having issues with my starter relay.

Okay so I'm hopefull that I can explain this all within the first attempt. Couple weeks back, I had my 2006 Pt Cruiser parked out in front of my school. It's been having problems lately where i need to move the battery cables around to get the car starting. Recently, when I try to turn it on, it stops making the clicking sound. My dad ran a copper wire from the starter to the battery to directly get a jump going when i turned the key and it instantly turned on. We've had our car sitting on the drive way to about a month now.He's been trying to see what the problem is. We recently spotted some liquid outside of the transmission solenoid and my dads wanting to know if the car refusing to start and this leak are in somehow related to one another.
Old 21 May 2014, 03:24 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Having issues with my starter relay.

Leak would have nothing to do with starter.
It would seem obvious what your problem is - wiring. You mentioned moving battery cables and that it works with a direct wire.
Get under and trace cable from starter with a piece of string, then take the string to AdvanceAuto, etc, and buy a cable of that length -get a cable at least as fat (fatter is better) as the one that's there.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles