Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
gt misfires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 May 2014, 03:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default gt misfires

Hello everyone I have a 2004 GT that has given a P0302 and a P0300. I had replaced the coil in January due to a similar issue and code. I used a code reader and the snap shot stated that the TPS was at 42 % yet Idle was 679. I just changed the TPS . I am not getting any codes yet but the car seems to run the same. When giving it gas from a stop the motor stubbles first then take off. Also if I am some heavy in the gas the car stubbles and starts top pop. Other than that it seem to run ok . I can rev it up in park . If you drive moderately it just stubbles at first pedal movement then run well. Any ideas are welcome.

Thank you
Old 24 May 2014, 06:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: gt misfires

Welcome to the forum. Please introduce your self to the forum members in the WELCOME New PT Cruiser members.

How about starting with the basics. What mileage do yo have? When was the last time plugs and wires were changed and did you pull the plugs to see what they looked like?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 24 May 2014 at 06:38 pm.
Old 24 May 2014, 06:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Welcome to the forum. Please introduce your self to the forum members in the WELCOME New PT Cruiser members.

How about starting with the basics. What mileage do yo have? When was the last time plugs and wires were changed and did you pull the plugs to see what they looked like?
Hello I have been on this forum before before . I have 107000 miles on the car I just replaced the wires about 15000 miles ago after a turbo rebuild. I replaced the coil in January. I swapped spark plugs and wire with #1 and re-gaped # 2 plug as it was about 60 and I made it 45 . It looked a little whiter ( cleaner) than #1. #1 was a little orange brown color . I swapped plugs and wire. Then the code came back 0300 and 0302. Since I have replaced TPS . due to the fact that the diagnostic info stated TPS at 42% and RPM @ 675. I hope that helps a little. Thank you for responding
Old 24 May 2014, 07:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

OK, this has probably nothing to do with the misfire but you do know your running on borrowed time with the timing belt? It should be change anywhere around 100,000 miles.

What I'm hearing is that your swapped plugs and wires around and still getting the P0300 and P0302 so If it was the plug or wire the code should change. I would think your next step would be a compression check on all cylinders to see if yo might have an internal problem.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 May 2014, 07:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks Crewzin for your reply. Yes I know wallet is almost there $$$$ Timing belt. I will check each cylinder. the car run good after so something is breaking down it will show it head soon. Thanks again