Advertisements
Cruiser swivels to the sides and vibrates

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RacerX125

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jun 2014, 01:39 pm
Young Cruiser

Question Cruiser swivels to the sides and vibrates

Well my 2003 na cruiser kinda wiggles on the rront like if the wheels are loose and me steering wheels wiggles left to right a little when driving and when reaching highway speeds it vibrates it doesnt vibrate hard but just enough to vibrate the ntire car and it seems to be coming from the front right side.
Has 104k miles. Tire preasure was set to 40 psi on all four tires. Could bad wheel bearings cause this? Or something else?
Old 04 Jun 2014, 01:56 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Cruiser swivels to the sides and vibrates

my car would have a weird steering wheel wobble with a repetitive rythmic slight knocking sound. if that's what you are describing it ended up being a tierod end on my car. i could yank up and down on the tie rod and it moved 1/8".

the wheel bearing sound gets louder as speed increases and gets louder/quieter when you swerve left/right

the tie rod wobble i had was more random. i didn't always notice it, sometimes roads made it seem worse than others. if i remember right it was more noticeable while coasting

jack up the car and yank up and down on the tie rod end. it's free (:
next id rotate the front tires to the back to see if the sound moves.
Old 04 Jun 2014, 01:59 pm
Young Cruiser

I have this funny creek sound when going over bumps and sometimes when turning i hear creeks like a quick brrik sound
Old 04 Jun 2014, 02:01 pm
Veteran Cruiser

creaking is usually a bad ball joint

jack up the right front and yank the bottom of the wheel in and out. it should not wiggle.
Old 04 Jun 2014, 02:07 pm
Young Cruiser

I've been riding it making it that sound for a while now without any damage can maybe diving without changing it had completely damaged it and maybe thats why its vibrating? Or th ball joint cant be cause?
Old 04 Jun 2014, 02:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

You can keep going till one or the other gives out. But if you do you won't be driving it home. If you do get Ito a wreck when it lets go. Or do as rob said and check it out to see what you need under there.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 04 Jun 2014, 02:20 pm
Young Cruiser

Hell no! My cruiser is my life, if my cruiser dies I will follow. If it stops working I start fixing. I will never let my car go as long as I live. So I will go tonight to check everything out and at the same time make a hole in my pocket
rob342 likes this.
Old 04 Jun 2014, 03:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX125 View Post
Hell no! My cruiser is my life, if my cruiser dies I will follow. If it stops working I start fixing. I will never let my car go as long as I live. So I will go tonight to check everything out and at the same time make a hole in my pocket
If your handy maybe you will keep some bottom in that pocket. You will be a lot safer when your done. Keep us up on your progress.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 04 Jun 2014, 07:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob342 View Post
jack up the car and yank up and down on the tie rod end. it's free (:
next id rotate the front tires to the back to see if the sound moves.
If no wheel movement, get an alignment.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles