Advertisements
hello n HELP!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sanatanadharma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jun 2014, 02:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation hello n HELP!

i got a 01 touring pt and i am pulling out my hair i don't have any turnsignals nor hazards now i have looked on the forums here and i don't see anything that i have not tried except replacing the m/f switch i tried a new flasher relay= nada
i did remove the aftermarket alarm witch some imbecile butchered the wiring and i have re did all the goof ups and mistakes the moron had done i also have taken the m/f switch apart and cleaned all the contacts and even checked all fuses and still nothing might it still be a bad m/f switch ???? please help
Old 08 Jun 2014, 03:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: hello n HELP!

It's always that possibility that it's something else on the MFS but first, have you checked the fuses in the internal fuse box and the PDC (Power Distribution Center) that's in the engine compartment? In the PDC, the #18 fuse is for the Hazards but I don't see anything related in the interior fuse box.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 08 Jun 2014, 03:29 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Do the headlights still work?
Old 08 Jun 2014, 04:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

yea the headlights work both high n low the interior dimmer works also
Old 08 Jun 2014, 05:46 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Looking at Mitchell Repair Information Company 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser System Wiring Diagram Exterior Lamps Circuit (p. 12);

Unless there are four bad bulbs, the four way flasher switch portion of the MFS is the likely culprit; or the switch ground, it is pin #7- black/light green wire.

Do the instrument cluster turn-indicators work? If not, more evidence of switch failure.

"A" Fuse #15 (20 amp) in the dash fuse block controls the turn signals.
"B" Fuse #19 (15 amp) in the under-hood PDC controls the flasher power.

Both circuits pass through the four-way flasher switch. The turn-indicator circuit ("A") is normally on, passing power to the turn-indicator switch portion which selects L or R path. When four-way flasher switch is pressed, "A" is off and "B" is on. At this time, "B" power through the turn-indicator portion of the MFS switch goes to all four switch pin-out circuits.

The front L&R light circuits are controlled through the instrument cluster.

To repeat, the four-way flasher switch portion of the MFS is the only common element between the battery and the four corners of the car.
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 08 Jun 2014, 06:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Same problem with my conversion van , totally unrelated to the cruiser but it turned out to be the switch itself in the coluom
Old 08 Jun 2014, 10:19 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Followup thoughts;

The power circuits "A" and "B" both flow first through the flasher relay prior to the four-way flasher switch. Without the flasher relay, both the turn and hazard systems won't work.

The four-way flasher switch grounds the relay causing the circuit interruption (flashing). At the same time the switch selects the appropriate "A" or "B" circuit and pathway.

BTW, the circuit pathways to the four corners use three different connectors in the dash wiring-harnesses. I don't think the wiring/ connectors are trouble; except perhaps the MFS connector.