Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Lost

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jun 2014, 11:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Lost

Ok so I have an 04 non turbo basic pt with 120k miles... It is my wife's who did little in the way of pm to say the least. Since I've been taken over it has a new timing belt and water pump and all general maintenance has been caught up. Recently while driving it, it died on my wife and come to find out it had a bunch of codes on it. The primary being p2305 I replaced the coil which was bad plugs and wires while I was at it the code did not clear and te engine was only running on two cylinders. After several component checks and a wire pin-out test I determined the PCM was indeed bad. A new PCM was ordered and the car cranked right up. But at idle and random times its sluggish and hesitates I also get p0300 (random misfire) code and now I'm at a total loss for what to do. Also should be noted that while I was at it I went ahead and replaced the cam and crank sensors since everything was apart and it was easy to get to. ANY HELP WOULD BE WONDERFUL
Old 18 Jun 2014, 08:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Lost

Double-check that all wires are seated - at plug and coil ends.
Did you use Mopar sensors? Some aftermarket ones are sketchy.
Idle is rough? Spray some starting fluid along intake manifold seam - if idle smooths out, you need to replace intake gasket.
Finally, throw a bottle of injector cleaner in the gas - something like Lucas or Techron.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 18 Jun 2014, 10:23 am
Fresh Cruiser

I did that last night and it didn't seem to make any difference...when I sprayed around the map sensor it got way worse then died so I replaced the map this morning still no luck, now I'm getting cylinder one misfire as well as 0300 ... I'm about to take the manifold top off again and recheck all the wires and connectors I'm also going to try cleaning the connectors at the new PCM with electrode cleaner n see if that helps any...ill keep u posted if u think of anything else let me know
Old 18 Jun 2014, 10:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Are you sure that the leak at the map is sealed?

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 18 Jun 2014, 11:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

are you sure its in Time
Old 25 Jun 2014, 12:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

Checked the timing everything is aligned properly, the timing belt i replaced about 10k ago. the number one cylinder misfire was a bad plug even tho it was brand-new bosch the plug was actually broken, the center piece where spark shoots from in the bottom was loose a manufacture defect apparently, it wasnt damaged on the outside at all. i replaced the plug and it ran just fine for a day. Now the engine is bucking badly and throwing map sensor and cylinder 2 misfire. Replaced the map same thing. It seems to be running like it has a bad vacuum leak one moment then the next it's way to rich and i can smell fuel. I pulled the throttle body and cleaned it and the iac thoroughly. It was all kinda dirty but much better than what i had expected, and it seemed to run better but still the same problems... I'm not sure what to look at now or test