PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Flashers/Blinkers not working from switch.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By ChazBOT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jun 2014, 09:31 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Flashers/Blinkers not working from switch.

Hello again new PT friends! My PT cruiser keeps blowing a fuse as soon as I turn on the flashers or use the blinkers. They come on and flash when I use the key less entry, but that is about it. I have replaced the blinker switch and it keeps happening. Any thoughts on this? Driving me crazy!
Old 27 Jun 2014, 08:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Flashers/Blinkers not working from switch.

Have you replaced the multifunction switch - the lever? That's probably got a short. You replaced the blinker module that plugs in, right? That's probably okay...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles

Last edited by CREWZIN; 27 Jun 2014 at 08:57 am. Reason: word correction
Old 27 Jun 2014, 09:11 am
Veteran Cruiser

Please tell us which fuse is blowing. This helps troubleshooting. Clearly the wiring from the RKE to the (parking) light bulbs is OK.
The flashers operate on a different circuit through separate filaments so the lock/unlock light flash signal is a red herring.

(parking
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazBOT View Post
Hello again new PT friends! My PT cruiser keeps blowing a fuse as soon as I turn on the flashers or use the blinkers. They come on and flash when I use the key less entry, but that is about it. I have replaced the blinker switch and it keeps happening. Any thoughts on this? Driving me crazy!
Old 27 Jun 2014, 10:01 am
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: Flashers/Blinkers not working from switch.

If the fuse that keeps blowing is fuse #18,here is a PT Cruiser with a somewhat similar issue(w/lots of good wiring schematics there):http://www.justanswer.com/chrysler/4...ser-blows.html
You probably should thoroughly inspect the wiring for the MFS connector plug,and the wiring on the back of the fuse block to see if there are any signs of overheating(melted/burnt).....Because it sounds like your getting a ground fault/short somewhere along the pathway of the turn indicator circuit.
Here is a 'pin-out' diagram for the MFS connector plug:

PT_MFS_pinout_diagram.jpg
Old 27 Jun 2014, 03:27 pm
Young Cruiser

FIXED!!!!!

So I yet again replaced the flasher 15 fuse,blinker switch and flasher (relay? goes on the back of the switch.) and now they work. I might have gotten 2 bad switches or a bad relay last time.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 08:42 am
Veteran Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Flashers/Blinkers not working from switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazBOT View Post
I might have gotten 2 bad switches or a bad relay last time.
That does happen......Glad you got it fixed.
Old 29 Jun 2014, 11:41 pm
Young Cruiser

Thank you everyone for the help!