Advertisements
Oil Pressure Sensor ????

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rob342

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jun 2014, 04:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Oil Pressure Sensor ????

Ive got the p0522 code and gonna change the oil Pressure sensor. The parts house asks for sensor with light or without light. how do i know which i need . thanks in advance.
stephen
Old 30 Jun 2014, 05:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Oil Pressure Sensor ????

Did the parts house happen to know if you had a PT Cruiser before asking that question? Never heard on the forum anyone being asked that.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 30 Jun 2014, 06:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

I would go to the dealer for that and not a parts house. Too many people have had issues with after market sensors on the PT.
Old 30 Jun 2014, 06:18 pm
Veteran Cruiser

i used a cheap $9 autozone one. no issues for me. i've used them on my PT, mustang and a 98 malibu. all are still fine/working/not leaking. i'd go to the dealer for a cam sensor, a coil, etc. for oil, it's just a simple pressure switch.
Leroy likes this.
Old 30 Jun 2014, 06:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Did the parts house happen to know if you had a PT Cruiser before asking that question? Never heard on the forum anyone being asked that.
im not sure what this means? with light would that be dummy light which i do have

anyway i put it in and now the oil light comes on when it get to operating temp.on the bright side the massive leak i had is now gone.and yes it has plenty of oil
Old 30 Jun 2014, 07:32 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstopgo68 View Post
anyway i put it in and now the oil light comes on when it get to operating temp.on the bright side the massive leak i had is now gone.and yes it has plenty of oil
Than you still have some kind of problem...you need to do the key dance.

To do the key dance, turn everything in the car off, no stereo, wipers, lights, etc., just to keep the system load down. Turn your key to the accessory position, that is two clicks prior to the start. So, you have Off, Acc, On, and Start (which is the spring-loaded position). Turn to Acc, wait a few seconds, then On, Acc, On, Acc, and On... leave it in the On position (NOT THE MOTOR START POSITION!), you should see a series of dashes ------ at your Odometer, while the PT runs the internal diagnostics testing. Takes maybe 10 to 15 seconds or so and then it will return the DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes).

Than download the Diagnostic Trouble Codes.pdf from PT CRUISER TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS LIBRARY

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 30 Jun 2014, 08:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ok thank you so much for this info. it is greatly appreciated. will do 1st am.
i admit that i did change the sensor out without checking the oil press.
i had a major leak and its poss that the prob now lies in the harness itself. the light was coming on before but it would go off after turning the switch off and on. now it seems to come on when up to operating temp which still could be the switch itself not being oe or some crap. ill try this and check the oil pressand then the wiring diagram to see what makes this light come on