Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Unusual or no?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jul 2014, 06:02 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Unusual or no?

My 06 an is on its second set of lower control arm bushings after I inspected an unusual but firmillar clunk. So my question is is that normally how long they last. First changed at 95000km and now again at 144km?? Cu I personally think that's al lil to early.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (94.0 KB, 24 views)
2006 Cruiser, Non-Turbo, 19 inch Konig Trouble rims on 225/35/19 Ironman Imove tires, Airaid CAI, E3 Plugs, msd super conductor 8.5 mm wires, Freedon Design Strut Tower Brace, Glow Shift Pillar gauges, EBC Slotted Rotors with EBC Green Stuff Ceramic Fiber Core Pads, Lowerd on Tien springs, Full Custom Kenwood Excelon sound system with 1 12" JL Audio W0, 8000k Blue hids up top and aftermarket OEM Fogs with white 8000k in bumper. Ipcw Bermuda black true led taillights with tinted reverse lights.
Old 08 Jul 2014, 06:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Unusual or no?

Mine have been shot for a year... the originals though
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 08 Jul 2014, 06:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

There are aftermarket ones you can get that last longer.
Mine were shot by 100,000 miles.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 08 Jul 2014, 07:23 pm
Regular Cruiser

I wasn't aware there were better ones available? What are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
There are aftermarket ones you can get that last longer.
Mine were shot by 100,000 miles.
2006 Cruiser, Non-Turbo, 19 inch Konig Trouble rims on 225/35/19 Ironman Imove tires, Airaid CAI, E3 Plugs, msd super conductor 8.5 mm wires, Freedon Design Strut Tower Brace, Glow Shift Pillar gauges, EBC Slotted Rotors with EBC Green Stuff Ceramic Fiber Core Pads, Lowerd on Tien springs, Full Custom Kenwood Excelon sound system with 1 12" JL Audio W0, 8000k Blue hids up top and aftermarket OEM Fogs with white 8000k in bumper. Ipcw Bermuda black true led taillights with tinted reverse lights.
Old 08 Jul 2014, 07:43 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: Unusual or no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crid View Post
I wasn't aware there were better ones available? What are they?
Supposedly the MOOG LCAs with the new 'problem solver' bushings are the cure.......MOOG P/Ns #K620024 & K620023.
Old 08 Jul 2014, 08:32 pm
Senior Cruiser

Found this: OOps thats you, sorry
Originally Posted by randyincctx
If your looking for some that don't have to be pressed in,you really should consider getting the whole assembly by Moog,they cost less (about $50-$60 +/- w/free shipping) than you paid last time and last longer than Energy Suspension bushings,according to alot of members here:
Driver Side Control Arm Assembly (Moog #RK620009)-
Moog RK620009 Suspension Control Arm and Ball Joint Assembly | eBay

Passenger Side Control Arm Assembly (Moog #RK620010)-
Moog RK620010 Suspension Control Arm and Ball Joint Assembly Front Right Lower | eBay

If you buy all the bushings,and balljoints seperately,then have to have them pressed....It'll cost you as much or more than those Moog assemblies I just posted.
Food for thought?...
70 340 4spd Dart Swinger "Those were the days my friend"
73 Charger SE
Had a few Vetts on the way 69, 85
Several Neons some flips
01 Sebring flip
Cruiser's 01, 220K Gone to a new home
Cruiser 03 133K Gone to a new home
Cruiser 06 110K Project Gone to new Home
Cruiser 05 Ltd 120,809 bought with broken belt Oct2015
May 16 Resurrected to once again roam the streets.

20 Miles South Of Pittsburgh
Old 10 Jul 2014, 08:12 am
Regular Cruiser

Thanks everyone for the advice and help. I will look into the items u have posted
Old 10 Jul 2014, 10:02 am
Obsessed Cruiser

If you get the arms, you need to make sure they have the new spiracle problem solver bushing. Or your right back on the schedule your are already on. look for the post new lca bushing.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 10 Jul 2014, 10:27 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
If you get the arms, you need to make sure they have the new spiracle problem solver bushing. Or your right back on the schedule your are already on. look for the post new lca bushing.
Yes, if you purchase new arms, wherever you get them from, they will have to physically inspect the arms to verify if they have the "problem solver" bushing. I've already been through this with MOOG and they informed me that the arms carry the same part numbers, but the arms with the new style bushing won't appear in the marketplace until their supply of arms with the old style bushing has been depleted.
Old 10 Jul 2014, 09:37 pm
Regular Cruiser

I did get new arms and installed them today. The bushing were round and looked different from the ones I removed. I got them from my father in law who runs an auto parts store so I paid cost for them. I just hope they last longer