PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Boot thinks it still open 2004 Limited

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jul 2014, 04:56 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Boot thinks it still open 2004 Limited

I have a 2004 2.2 Limited PT Cruiser

Last summer the boot open warning light wouldn't go off even though the boot was closed and locked which meant the interior lights would not go off. I took it to the garage and they replaced the boot lock which was very expensive
10 months later and its happening again, only intermittent to start with but now it won't go off at all and I have had to remove the fuse for the interior lighting otherwise the battery will go flat but it also is the same fuse to the central locking.

Has anyone else experienced this or can give some suggestions before I go back to the garage and watch the guys scratching their heads again. Its not a key feature and wonder if there could also be a less expensive way of disconnecting the sensor or would this mean an MOT failure.

thanks