pt cruiser motor

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Busted_PT
  • 1 Post By quicksilverdon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jul 2014, 02:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default pt cruiser motor

I have a 2001 pt cruiser,my timing belt went and when it was replaced,they did not do the water pump.The water pump went and I had that replaced.at the time they said the head gasket was fine.I drove 2 miles and it over heated and the garage came an got it,I ask when I got it back what was done and was told the person that fixed it wasn't there and would call me.I never heard from them.My car over heated again,same thing it did when it was first fixed and taken to them.

I called and was told it was the had gasket and I said they had told me it was fine when I had it repaired and he said there was no way to really check the head gasket.I called again and they are now saying I need a new motor,but it has nothing to do with it over heating 2 times since they did the repairs.I don't know a lot but when a car over heats it can damage the motor,or am I wrong about this?

He also told me when they had to come get it when it over heated the second time right after I picked it up that he had flushed the radiator and put a used cap on it.
Old 10 Jul 2014, 03:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: pt cruiser motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen View Post
I have a 2001 pt cruiser,my timing belt went and when it was replaced,they did not do the water pump.The water pump went and I had that replaced.at the time they said the head gasket was fine.I drove 2 miles and it over heated and the garage came an got it,I ask when I got it back what was done and was told the person that fixed it wasn't there and would call me.I never heard from them.My car over heated again,same thing it did when it was first fixed and taken to them.

I called and was told it was the had gasket and I said they had told me it was fine when I had it repaired and he said there was no way to really check the head gasket.I called again and they are now saying I need a new motor,but it has nothing to do with it over heating 2 times since they did the repairs.I don't know a lot but when a car over heats it can damage the motor,or am I wrong about this?

He also told me when they had to come get it when it over heated the second time right after I picked it up that he had flushed the radiator and put a used cap on it.
You need to get away from them. There are tests to determine a blown head gasket. You could have a number of things causing the overheat. Leaks will allow air in and lower boiling point. Bad t stat, bad fan, or temp sender. Just need to determine if you hurt the head or gasket. There are chemical test kits for this. Some of the others can give you the particulars on this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 10 Jul 2014, 04:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: pt cruiser motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
You need to get away from them. There are tests to determine a blown head gasket. You could have a number of things causing the overheat. Leaks will allow air in and lower boiling point. Bad t stat, bad fan, or temp sender. Just need to determine if you hurt the head or gasket. There are chemical test kits for this. Some of the others can give you the particulars on this.
Agree. To do a timing belt without doing water pump is STUPID.
Get your car to somebody competent.
boonie2 likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles