PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
vacuum hose

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jul 2014, 10:52 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default vacuum hose

Hi all
I have a 2001 LE cruiser and i have just found a vaccum hose that has been melted through.It comes from the intake manifold right next to the map sensor and is about 7mm in diameter. I cannot locate the other end of as im not sure what it does.Any advice much appreciated.
Ian in London
Old 24 Jul 2014, 11:11 am
Young Cruiser

Default Re: vacuum hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggy View Post
Hi all
I have a 2001 LE cruiser and i have just found a vaccum hose that has been melted through.It comes from the intake manifold right next to the map sensor and is about 7mm in diameter. I cannot locate the other end of as im not sure what it does.Any advice much appreciated.
Ian in London
Uh...200 mile an hour tape? LOL

Just kidding of course. Duct tape is just a quick fix and something everyone should carry in their car, but if you don't want to try and replace the whole thing, just buy hose couplers for that size hose (plastic or brass, doesn't matter), a short piece of hose to replace where it's burnt, cut it out and splice in a new section. Done!

THAT...is what we here in the states call redneck engineering. ;~)

Oh...but be sure it's just a vacuum line. All MANNER of bad things could result otherwise. ;~0
Old 24 Jul 2014, 11:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Bliggy,

If it's the one just below and to the side of the MAP sensor, it goes over to the drivers side and attaches to a "T" junction, from there one line back to the firewall the other to a box in back of the throttle body.

That's how it is on my 2001 anyway.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 24 Jul 2014, 11:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for replying. Gonna have another look to see if if i cand find it. Cheers