Issues with cruiser I just purchased.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By xwing777
  • 3 Post By quicksilverdon
  • 1 Post By quicksilverdon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jul 2014, 06:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question Issues with cruiser I just purchased.

Hello, I'm Katrina from Georgia. I just joined the group today. I hope I'm posting in the right spot. So I purchased this car last week, and it's been a headache. It's used. The vehicle has under 145 thousand miles. The service engine light is on and when I took it to advance auto I got codes for camshaft sensor( I was able to change it myself, after looking at a video on youtube), go me! The other code was a P0507 something to do with idle speed/vacuum leak/dirty throttle bottle is what the reading was. My issue is when I have the air on and I'm completely stopped the air doesn't blow very well until I start moving again. My biggest concern is when I'm stopped and only when the air is on there is the shake/vibration. I don't getting different answers from different shops and I do believe the main reason is because I'm a female and the second is maybe some of them really don't know what their talking about.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 07:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Issues with cruiser I just purchased.

Sounds like the Idle air control valve (iac). You can search youtube for howto. Simple quick job yjay only cost you a can of carb cleaner
boonie2 and Tbrown like this.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 08:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks xwing777!! The dealership where I purchased the vehicle claimed they fix the issue/replaced the part when the checked the service engine light. However the check engine light is still on an it's still showing the idle control sensor as the issue. thanks!
Old 29 Jul 2014, 08:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I will bet the issue with your A/C is the engine fan - it has 2 speeds, and I'll bet one speed is out.
Open hood, start engine, turn A/C on - engine fan should be on - I bet it isn't...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 29 Jul 2014, 09:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
I will bet the issue with your A/C is the engine fan - it has 2 speeds, and I'll bet one speed is out.
Open hood, start engine, turn A/C on - engine fan should be on - I bet it isn't...
I have to agree with QSD on this. The pump puts more load on the engine with the fan not working.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 29 Jul 2014, 09:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks quicksilverdon!!!!
I just went out and did as you said, and you are correct. I'm sorry for all the questions guys but I'm just trying to learn. I realize that some things I can do for cheaper, rather than having to pay labor cost at a shop. Is it expensive to get the fan fixed. I was when I got the oil change that the air control valve was changed out because of the color of the part was lighter than the piece it connects to on the car. I went with it. Again I'm learning. I really appreciate all you for responding and helping me out..... So if the air control valve was changed, why do you think that the check engine light is still on and giving the same exact code P0507
Old 29 Jul 2014, 10:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Fan will have to be replaced.
Do a search here and read about replacing it - many have done it themselves...
Tbrown likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles