PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Informed im missing a hose on air intake?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LionPT
  • 1 Post By rob342

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Aug 2014, 10:38 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Informed im missing a hose on air intake?

First off thanks for taking the time to read and answer my questions. All of you on this forum have saved my butt time and time again.

I brought in my cruiser for its regular oil change yesterday and the guy says your missing something here and points at the open air sucking tube coming out near the air intake. Now this is new to me and I never noticed it before but I dont know a ton about cars to begin with. Pictures are included with arrows pointing towards the ninjad hose. What is missing and how can I fix it?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06 Aug 2014, 06:47 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Informed im missing a hose on air intake?

That hose goes to the bottom of the Air Intake.

IMG_20140806_073913.jpg

IMG_20140806_073930.jpg
CREWZIN likes this.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 06 Aug 2014, 06:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Invidious, Lion7718 answered your question perfectly so no need to to add to that. I just wanted to say that at the end of the other hose you have in your second picture is the PCV Valve (where the leaking oil is) so you might want to pull that hose off, unscrew the PCV Valve and take it to your nearest auto store (for reference) and replace that piece.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 06 Aug 2014, 08:47 am
Young Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Informed im missing a hose on air intake?

Since the car no longer has the factory air intake "I bought it like this btw" Im assuming that If i rig it up a hose that will feed into the K@N it would perform its function? I will do that crewzin, that hose looks like it needs to be replaced for sure thanks everyone If I could Hi Five you over the internet I would!
Old 06 Aug 2014, 08:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Most aftermarket intakes, IF they were made for the PT, will have someplace for that hose to attach. Look around the entire circumference of the air intake for a place for that hose to go. If the air intake wasn't designed for the PT, yes, you can find a place somewhere to attach the hose.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 06 Aug 2014, 01:07 pm
Veteran Cruiser

just stick one of these on there instead. they have them at all parts stores. they're cheap and you wont need to drill holes or route anything anywhere.