Advertisements
In need of help of experienced PT owners. Please

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Busted_PT
  • 1 Post By NitroPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Aug 2014, 12:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Location: Somewhere in Central New York. Home of snow, ice, salt, and other nice things lol.
Default In need of help of experienced PT owners. Please

I have an 07 pt cruiser 2.4l touring non-turbo. I have had it 2 months. After the first month I was hit in the left front and have waited a month for the over 5,000$$ repairs to be done.
I had an issue with cooling. Ordered new parts. They took a week to come in. I have installed the radiator fan and the condenser lines and mounted the radiator in the car and then noticed that the radiator was different and now I'm having an OH S***! Moment. The radiator is for a turbo and I know that now but that's not really a good feeling since like I said I have prepped for over a week to replace the fan, radiator, thermostat, coolant, heater lines, spark plugs and wires. The radiator was the last thing to come in. I probably wouldve noticed that they were different but the old radiator has been out for a week.
OK NO EXCUSES! I get it BUT...
The charge air cooler lines are the only physical difference I see, so will the radiator still work if I put as hose from one air cooler outlet to the other. Should I keep working or am I doomed to arguing with the guy from EBAY for a rookie move.
Any help will be appreciated I am at a loss and dont have enough experience to form a decision right away.
Thank you
Old 16 Aug 2014, 01:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: In need of help of experienced PT owners. Please

It would be more helpful to use if would describe what your cooling problem is and how you determined it.

You have installed the radiator so learn from the mistake and bad application information that eBay uses , pull it sell it and get the larger core and correct radiator for the Turbo PT Cruisers.
Old 16 Aug 2014, 02:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Listen the two nipples at the bottom are cooling lines for you power steering. If they're not used on yours. You don't need to do anything. If the radiator is the same hight the you can use it if the hoses connect properly.
madmatt likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 16 Aug 2014, 02:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

To repeat from another thread you started:
I bought a radiator for a non turbo pt and its for a turbo pt WILL IT WORK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
To repeat from another thread you started:
In need of help of experienced PT owners. Please

The Turbo needs the slight extra cooling capacity because once you get into even 1psi of boost the coolant temperature will raise because of the coolant running through the Turbo. An NA PT Cruiser does not have this condition and therefore a smaller sized radiator.

The PT Cruiser has inadequate under hood air circulation which compounds the complete temperature control equation. You must at least stay within the specification for any cooling system components in order to prevent cooling issues.
madmatt likes this.
Old 17 Aug 2014, 12:17 am
Fresh Cruiser

Location: Somewhere in Central New York. Home of snow, ice, salt, and other nice things lol.

I was literally stumped looking at those brass outlets, I don't know anything about turbos or turbos on a pt cruiser. On a non turbo like mine there are no brass outlets and I'm looking at the service manual and it's talking about air charger cooler lines and I'm all like wow! Bear in mind that Im doing the radiator, fan, heater lines, thermostat, radiator cap, full coolant change, spark plug, wires, and it's my fis the time doing all this on a pt and I just received the last two parts this morning (radiator and cap). I just needed the info you gave me and I was like ok I'm not up the creek. Got radiator in mixed my coolant and the 4" heater line hose was dripping. Why did a 4" hose take 2 hrs to get out? But it was done and I was torquing the thermostat housing bolt and it popped. Gremlins are real I think. I haven't had my pt long but I seem to see them everywhere. I just don't know whether to love it or not. I tell ya this. I'm not a mechanic or a car guy. I just don't have the money to buy mopar and have mopar service. So I'm doing the work myself. 12 hours and finished in a downpour but it works so far and I really appreciate the help.
I also will do my introduction and confess to not being forum savvy so I will apologize for any grievous errors.
Heading to bed. Thanks for help and will read up on forum rules and how to post.

Tags
solved issue thanks :)