Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
multiple codes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Aug 2014, 09:34 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default multiple codes

I have been reading a few threads where people are getting multiple codes, such as P0031 P0037. It seems odd to me that both sensors would fail at the same time. Could it possibly be a problem with a different sensor failure that didnt throw a code such as a throttle position sensor. Just curious. Really have enjoyed the forum so far.
Old 22 Aug 2014, 09:53 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: multiple codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by concordace View Post
I have been reading a few threads where people are getting multiple codes, such as P0031 P0037. It seems odd to me that both sensors would fail at the same time. Could it possibly be a problem with a different sensor failure that didnt throw a code such as a throttle position sensor. Just curious. Really have enjoyed the forum so far.
I would say no but not an expert. I would check the harness to both. I have had spark plugs affect the o2 code before. But not both sensors.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 22 Aug 2014, 10:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Appreciate the reply busted. With 2 pt's I guess I have been fortunate not to have any problems to speak of . Both sensors throwing a code at the same time just seemed too coincidental. I could see plugs or wires or a throttle body sensor or something along those lines. Or even a cataclysmic converter
Old 22 Aug 2014, 10:16 am
Fresh Cruiser

By the way I checked out your project page . Outstanding work
Old 22 Aug 2014, 10:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Appreciate the reply busted. With 2 pt's I guess I have been fortunate not to have any problems to speak of . Both sensors throwing a code at the same time just seemed too coincidental. I could see plugs or wires or a throttle body sensor or something along those lines. Or even a cataclysmic converter
. Have you cleared the codes to see if they come back. Some others may have some better suggestions to add.

Quote:
By the way I checked out your project page . Outstanding work
Thank you.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 22 Aug 2014, 03:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Re: multiple codes

No I was just curious about some of the many threads I had read where people had assumed it was o2 sensors. Other than routine maintenance I have not had to do anything to my Cruisers. I might be beginning to have some problems with my multi function switch though. Fog light indicates its on intermittantly with switch in off position