Advertisements
Need front brake suggestions

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Aug 2014, 12:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Need front brake suggestions

Front break pads went and have been rubbing right to the rotor for a few days. Going to just upgrade to ceramic pads and drilled and slotted rotors. Anyone have any suggestions on parts, preferably to keep it under 200? Thanks
01 pt touring, 16 inch borbet fs wheels plasti dipped teal, pioneer 900w amp, mtx 12 inch sub, yellow fog lights and lenses, blacked out tail lights, road magnets, kybs, borla exhuast, freedom design strut bar
Old 23 Aug 2014, 02:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Need front brake suggestions

Plenty of historic threads.
Look at the Wheels forum.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 23 Aug 2014, 05:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Need front brake suggestions

Here's where you should buy:
That Rotor Shop

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 23 Aug 2014, 06:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

There are new drilled and slotted rotors all over eBay and Amazon. And they cost no more than new regular rotors at the local parts stores. I've considered getting some of these but haven't researched the quality. Recently, I needed some for the rear on my PT after converting from drums to discs. I decided just to go with standard rotors from Autozone.

For the pads, I recommend Autozone all the way. The reason is because of there no-hassle lifetime warranty on these. I keep vehicles for a very long time. I am on my sixth or seventh set of pads on one or more of my vehicles. I believe it's our Corolla. And the lifetime warranty is the way to go.
twodees likes this.
Old 23 Aug 2014, 08:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Look at rockauto. I got all 4 rotors and pads Prostop I believe. Great deal. And the wok awesome!
Old 23 Aug 2014, 09:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Based on your mod list and that you are not indicating doing any track time or improving the complete suspension and also lets not forget the tires.....go to ebay or who ever has the best price. You are not going to find bad quality as long as you do not get anything with the MADE IN CHINA label? Lifetime is good only if you buy from a local recognized and established auto parts store of chain. Mail order warranty are a hassle many times and not worth the trouble on many parts.

Drilled and slotted rotors are for looks there is no advantage over conventional disc's. In fact there may be less total braking .............on a daily driven street car.
There are exceptions if you are willing to go with a more aggressive pad that will wear the disc faster. There are reasons why some offer lifetime brake pads and rotors and it is because mostly the materiel of the pads that determine it.

But sometimes looks is "kool" and worth getting them.

Last edited by NitroPT; 23 Aug 2014 at 09:36 pm.