Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Glass Headlight Assemblies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Aug 2014, 06:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Glass Headlight Assemblies

Anyone know if they make glass headlight assemblies for an '05 touring? i have started to hate the plastic lights. my wife's neon has faded, her trailblazer has faded, my pt has some BAD spots in them. it's just maddening how much they draw from the look of the car. any ideas or links would be appreciated. thanks guys!

2005 Purple Pt Touring 130k Still Running Strong

New timing belt and water pump at 130k.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 07:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Glass Headlight Assemblies

I have never seen a true glass headlight assembly for a PT. I have seen some mod kits that let you use old round glass sealed beams. I suspect that would be your only choice. I believe that is what this photo shows. I've seen photos of single highlight mods like this too:

And here's a forum thread on this:

Headlight Quad Retrofit for the PT

Also, I recently replaced my assemblies with new TYC brand lights from RockAuto. I believe the quality of the TYC headlights are a little superior to the originals and they look great. You can read about that here:

Whats everyone doing about cloudy headlights?????

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 29 Aug 2014 at 07:12 pm.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 07:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05purplept View Post
Anyone know if they make glass headlight assemblies for an '05 touring? i have started to hate the plastic lights. my wife's neon has faded, her trailblazer has faded, my pt has some BAD spots in them. it's just maddening how much they draw from the look of the car. any ideas or links would be appreciated. thanks guys!
The glass headlights are a thing of the past. You can sand and spray clear on them. Otherwise you will be buffing every 3mo.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 02 Sep 2014, 06:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I polished my starting with 1500 grit sandpaper, then 2000 grit followed by polishing compound and a headlight sealer. They look like new.