Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Problem removing 2007 bumper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Aug 2014, 11:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Problem removing 2007 bumper

Was removing all the screws and nuts holding the bumper on a 2007 PT Cruiser until I got to the nut between the headlamp and the grill where the bumper connects to the passenger fender. I have been trying for an hour by myself to remove this nut with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this or does it take 2 people, one on top and one on the bottom of the car and the one at the top guides the socket to the nut? Any responses appreciated.
Old 31 Aug 2014, 08:46 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Problem removing 2007 bumper

I'm not sure on a 2006 if it changed, but on my 03 you don't remove those bolts. The bolts have a stop so they don't fully tighten down and the bumper cover can slide in and sort of clip onto the stop. you just tug gently for it to unhook.
Old 31 Aug 2014, 09:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Problem removing 2007 bumper

I believe that in 2006 they changed the design. I have taken out the three heavy screws on the bottom of the bumper, the two bolts at the ends of the bumper, the heavy screw under the grill after removing the grill. The only one I have left is the nut that is extremely hard to get to where the fender meets the bumper between the headlamp and the grill.

Tags
bumper remove nut problem