PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Give you all a heart attack :-p

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Sep 2014, 04:47 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Give you all a heart attack :-p

I'm still around, just super busy with work and my new company.

However a tiny update and heart shocker for yall.

I just hit 172,500 on my 03 base model PT............WITH THE ORIGINAL TIMING BELT! WOOOOOOOOOO!. My new goal is 200k :-D.

Will I make it!?!?!?!?! Will it blow up!?!?!??!?! will something else take it out before that mark!?!?!?!? the suspense is killing me! how about you?
3rcruiser likes this.
Old 02 Sep 2014, 08:16 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Give you all a heart attack :-p

As long as you know the risk and are ready to react in a hurry...
I wish you luck.
I had mine done at about 98,000, but I want to hit 200,000 also! (At 1bout 120,000 now.)
rckstein likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 02 Sep 2014, 08:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

What mileage did your have when you bought it?

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 02 Sep 2014, 08:41 am
Banned

I recently joined the Chrysler High Miler club, but I don't think yours is one statistic that they had in mind!
Old 02 Sep 2014, 09:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Hey, where I live the wrecker fee is only $50 from anywhere in town to my house. So If my PT only putted around town, I'd likely take this risk too.
Old 02 Sep 2014, 09:11 am
Obsessed Cruiser

If he had it since new than that is a record for time and mileage.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 02 Sep 2014, 09:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Missed? plumi...who?

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 02 Sep 2014, 09:36 am
Senior Cruiser

I got it at 117k 3 years ago from the original owner who had terrible service record on it, minus the every 10k oil change she did, and she swears 100% she never had it done, the service record she gave me only shows a few oil changes, , brake pads and tie rod ends ever being done on it. Also my local dodge master ASE mech says its the original, I had to basically rebuild it since then, new front end, rear end axles, radiator, tranny, body work, brake system. Only thing I have not touched that are original are the motor, the head, the guts and the timing belt/waterpump setup, has all the original pulleys and tensioners and all lol

so thats around 55k miles i've put on.

Also i dont putter around town, i live in southern maine and frequently take it to VT and CT.

I own a private security company so I also frequently beat on her on dirt back roads going to emergency calls from clients in code.

Every 5-10 K i've been pulling the cover off and looking at the belt and it seems A-OK :-D

I also have a 1,000 mile tow package so wherever it does go, if it does go I'm A-ok to get herback, have all the parts to swap it out however I have 2 other cars that purr like kittens so the downtime wont hurt. I've just decided to see exactly how far a chrysler will go on the original stuff :-D

200k is my limit. If i make it there I'm gonna ask my local chrysler dodge dealer to use it in a commercial, then change it out haha if not, hey it was a fun trip :-p
Old 02 Sep 2014, 09:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

ASE or no can't say, yep it's original. Only that it's a oem style belt. Jury will need to validate this one. Just a note on memory of owners. The project PT's last owner said he drove it home after the accident. Bad news with busted radiator and such. Went back to get the title and had mentioned that. Mother said that was not so. Because she paid the wrecker bill when it got there. . Just my experience with people and cars.

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 02 Sep 2014, 10:13 am
Dedicated Cruiser

It's good to see you back on line. Good luck in reaching 200,000 on the timing belt!
pluminator likes this.

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.