Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Here are the Torque Specs For the Lower Engine Mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Sep 2014, 11:07 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Here are the Torque Specs For the Lower Engine Mount

I replaced the lower engine mount today after discovering it was completely torn.

Torque strut mounting bolts: 85 Ft. LBS.
Pencil strut bolts: 43 FT. LBS.

Here's my story:
Yesterday, I pulled my car in my garage to clean a spill with the Hoover carpet cleaner. I decided to check all the fluids since it's one of the few level spots. I took a peek underneath to check for leaks and noticed that the lower engine mount was completely torn. I first noticed it starting to tear around 50,000-60,000 miles. I was going to get the mount from O' Reilly's or Rock Auto but they weren't very specific on whether it was for the wagon, convertible, automatic, or manual transmission so I got it from the dealer. After replacing the mount, I noticed that the hood doesn't vibrate as much and the transmission doesn't engage with a thud when I accelerate from a stop. I'll replace the other 3 mounts when I do the timing belt. The other mounts are probably still good but they're all the same age. These cars are really bad about motor mounts. I think it's because they put all 3 on the same side of the engine instead of 1 on each side. I probably spent just as long looking up the torque specs as I did working on the car so I figured I'd save someone else the time and hassle. I got the torque specs from Mitchell On Demand. I prefer All Data but Mitchell is what they use at work.