Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Code P0841 - 2002 Limited Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Sep 2014, 09:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Code P0841 - 2002 Limited Cruiser

Hey All, I am a new member on the forum. I gotta say there is a ton of great info on this forum which is why I decided to become a member. I have a 2002 Limited with a 4-speed automatic transmission, the 41TE. The car is driven in NYC and has just under 97,000 miles on it. I replaced the original transmission with just 53,000 miles on the car. I then had a Jasper transmission put in and that just died. I am now on my 3rd transmission. This one came from ETE Reman in Milwaukee. My son and I pulled the engine and tranny not only to change out the tranny but to also do the timing belt, water pump , exhaust manifold and a few other odds and ends. Put it all back together and the car runs like new. One problem is I continue to get code P0841 L/R/ Pressure Switch. I also get code P0700 which is just a trouble code the TCU sends to the ECU. I've had the car to the shop twice in the past couple of days to have the quick relearn done and to clear the codes from the TCU. The first time I wasn't so sure the tech cleared the codes from the TCU so I brought i back again today and watched him clear the codes from the TCU with a DRB III. When I got home I checked with my code reader and sure enough....the codes are back. This is a brand new, reman transmission and a brand new solenoid pack. I'm going to do the circuit wiring test this weekend but was looking for some suggestions from the forum if anyone else has had similar problems. The TCU is original as is the ECU. The car runs fine. Getting a little frustrated over these darn codes. Thanks for any help and suggestions you can offer me.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 10:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Code P0841 - 2002 Limited Cruiser

Does the transmission have a hard time shifting?

Possible causes

- Transmission Solenoid/Pressure Switch harness is open or shorted
- Transmission Solenoid/Pressure Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Transmission Solenoid/Pressure Switch
- Internal transmission damage
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)

Possible symptoms

- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears.
Old 11 Sep 2014, 06:49 am
Fresh Cruiser

Tranny shifts like its brand new. Other than the code, you'd never know anything was wrong.
Old 11 Sep 2014, 08:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Did you use the same Transmission Control Module that was in the car before replacing the transmission?
Old 11 Sep 2014, 09:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yes, I did. But I had the quick relearn done and then more specifically had the TCM cleared of codes using the DRB III. But the code came back. I know the TCM may need to be replaced. I was going to recheck the connection to the solenoid, then do a circuit test. If they don't remedy the problem I'm going to replace the TCM.