Advertisements
03 Turbo GT issues

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NitroPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Sep 2014, 02:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 03 Turbo GT issues

I've had several issues recently ... first was a turbo air leak code that popped up at high speed uphill freeway driving ... after inspection found leak at air intake hose at turbo inlet - it was cracked - repaired with adapter with clamps from auto zone but seems like turbo isn't spinning still ??? Second issue was P344 camshaft pos sensor code ... after 2 faulty replacements with P340 code I believe a Duralast sensor has worked (2days) but still seems like the turbo isn't spinning ??? No codes showing yet ... any ideas ??? Thx in advance
Old 14 Sep 2014, 02:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 03 Turbo GT issues

Nothing for your turbo but if the sensor goes again (and it just might) break down and get yourself a genuine MOPAR replacement.

Welcome to the forum.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 02:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thx ... I was in a tight spot and needed one after hours ... so I took what was avail ... they don't wanna refund my money til I clear they're shelf supply lol ... I read somewhere on here with similar turbo issues like they may have been racing the car and had to "flash" the computer maybe ??? I'm not sure tho
Old 14 Sep 2014, 03:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The camshaft sensor origin and quality other than a MOPAR at one time years ago may have had some merit. It no longer does.

I have already demonstrated with a number of members in the last year that saved their claimed DTC shown bad camshaft sensor that after replacing it with a what ever brand MOPAR or other after the problem cleared that changing back to the original claimed faulty sensor did not bring the DTC or problem shown to be a camshaft sensor back.

Unfortunately for many that bought them changed them and discard the claimed faulty sensor many are still going to post "dated" information stating different.

IMHO STOP replacing them they are not at fault. IMO based on your very little information you have a problem elsewhere Even the odds of you getting an off the self electrical part being bad is slight to get 2 in such a short time...noway!

Your turbo comment about not spinning...this is not very accurate . If you turbine blade was seized (which it is not) you would have associated other problems like oil smoking out you exhaust or some really bad noises.

Pull the inlet boot from the air box poke a figure into the inlet of the compressor wheel and carefully move it with your figures.

I won't even ask how you are reading your DTC but unless you are using a scan tool than please do!
myckee likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 14 Sep 2014 at 03:29 pm.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 03:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

PT problems read this FIRST

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 14 Sep 2014, 08:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

The 2 (bad) sensors thru a code and provided no improvement ... the third immediately improved the issue with no code after 2 days driving ... so the first 2 may not have been (bad) but they didn't fix the issue ... the spinning I referred to is the whine or whistle ya hear when the turbo is spinning or spooling up or the noise it makes when the turbo is operating properly ... I don't think the turbo is locked up ... much more likely the wastegate is stuck open/closed but I'm not sure how to figure it out, I've read in this forum similar situations and can't find them now ... as a matter of fact both issues were addressed here and is exactly how I corrected the air leak and cam sensor ... I got the codes by rotating the key back and forth 3 times also learned in this forum ... thx for your suggestion tho