PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Yes I'm overdue for an oil change, but didn't expect there to be NO OIL in my cruiser

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By myckee
  • 1 Post By Busted_PT
  • 1 Post By soonercruiser
  • 1 Post By rob342

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Sep 2014, 06:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation Yes I'm overdue for an oil change, but didn't expect there to be NO OIL in my cruiser

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I was driving two days after surgery on pain meds, which was STUPID, and while pulling out of a parking space went forward instead of backing out because I didn't see the concrete stops there. So I badonkadonked over two of them bad boys and freaked out all the way home wondering if I was going to break down. I never did, and still haven't. But my car has been idling funny like a tiny rumble noise I've never heard before (she's always run smooth) and I assumed it was because I'm a few, yes a FEW months past my oil change date. So I checked the oil today and there was NOTHING IN IT. Is that the norm? Or might I have a leak from doing the badonkadonk? PLEASE HELP! I'm a girl with no knowledge and my back's messed up so I can't get under it and look. Also no money for a mechanic. Any advice?
Old 17 Sep 2014, 06:46 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Yes I'm overdue for an oil change, but didn't expect there to be NO OIL in my cru

You might have a leak from the "badonkadonk". You could try to pull the thinga-ma-jig to open the hood and remove the oil cap doohickey and pour a quart of oil in to see if it leaks out the bottom.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 07:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Yes I'm overdue for an oil change, but didn't expect there to be NO OIL in my cru

Maybe damaged the oil pan. It would be right in the way with an impact you described.

The good news if it is your can get it welded repaired on the the PT.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 17 Sep 2014, 07:55 pm
Cool Cruiser

Please don't drive it again until you get this fixed.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 09:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If you can't get oil to show on the stick. Put some in till you do. Step back and see if the first one is running out. If none on the ground add till you see it on the stick at least before you go anywhere. Or you will be walking.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 17 Sep 2014, 09:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Unhappy Re: Yes I'm overdue for an oil change, but didn't expect there to be NO OIL in my cru

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
You might have a leak from the "badonkadonk". You could try to pull the thinga-ma-jig to open the hood and remove the oil cap doohickey and pour a quart of oil in to see if it leaks out the bottom.

...for the syntax...

...for the original poster...
REALLY????
rob342 likes this.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 17 Sep 2014, 11:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrohr30 View Post
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I was driving two days after surgery on pain meds, which was STUPID, and while pulling out of a parking space went forward instead of backing out because I didn't see the concrete stops there. So I badonkadonked over two of them bad boys and freaked out all the way home wondering if I was going to break down. I never did, and still haven't. But my car has been idling funny like a tiny rumble noise I've never heard before (she's always run smooth) and I assumed it was because I'm a few, yes a FEW months past my oil change date. So I checked the oil today and there was NOTHING IN IT. Is that the norm? Or might I have a leak from doing the badonkadonk? PLEASE HELP! I'm a girl with no knowledge and my back's messed up so I can't get under it and look. Also no money for a mechanic. Any advice?
How many miles do you have on the car? On average how many miles do you drive every month?
Old 18 Sep 2014, 02:52 pm
Veteran Cruiser

i've run over a few of them concrete stops. driven off 12" curbs. plowed through snow plow piles. and ditches. etc.. makes some noise, but never hurt anything.. id guess you're just low on oil. do like BustedPT says. pour some more in there. see if any pours out.
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 11:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

As others said, ADD OIL - NOW!
Put a large piece of cardboard underneath and look for oil spots on it.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles