Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
clunking noise front right tire area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Oct 2014, 06:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default clunking noise front right tire area

o4 pt cruiser gt oh turbo 5-speed 140k 1 owner (me).
problem is this on the right front area of the wheel is a plastic sounding clunking noise at or around 30-35 mph. the 1st time it happened I applied the brakes noise went away,2nd time a day or 2 later it happened again same speed I excelerated to 40-50 mph noise went away, had the car repaired with wheel bearing and bushings which I already knew were going bad,2 days after repair it happened again same speed at start and same speed to get rid of noise.
this car since day 1 has been serviced after warrenty ran out by the same mechanic and same firestone station I personally have never had a problem so im just trying to get some help as to what could be the problem before I take it back in?the funny thing about this noise is like going to a Dr. for an ache or pain it happens when im around but dosnt happen when the Dr. or mechanic is around lol. thanks for any help with this.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 07:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: clunking noise front right tire area

Before you took your PT Cruiser in for the wheel bearing and bushings did it do it every time you took the car up to 30-35 mp?
After you got your PT Cruiser did you drive it a lot the first two days at 30-35 mph before the clunking noise came back.
What bushings were replaced?
Old 13 Oct 2014, 07:59 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quenuss View Post
o4 pt cruiser gt oh turbo 5-speed 140k 1 owner (me).
problem is this on the right front area of the wheel is a plastic sounding clunking noise at or around 30-35 mph. the 1st time it happened I applied the brakes noise went away,2nd time a day or 2 later it happened again same speed I excelerated to 40-50 mph noise went away, had the car repaired with wheel bearing and bushings which I already knew were going bad,2 days after repair it happened again same speed at start and same speed to get rid of noise.
this car since day 1 has been serviced after warrenty ran out by the same mechanic and same firestone station I personally have never had a problem so im just trying to get some help as to what could be the problem before I take it back in?the funny thing about this noise is like going to a Dr. for an ache or pain it happens when im around but dosnt happen when the Dr. or mechanic is around lol. thanks for any help with this.
Hi, It would be nice to know a little about U and your PTC. Where are you from, how much you LOVE your PTC, We like to know whom we are replying to. (I missed my intro to the forum, please don't do the same)
Thank you very much
JoeM
70 340 4spd Dart Swinger "Those were the days my friend"
73 Charger SE
Had a few Vetts on the way 69, 85
Several Neons some flips
01 Sebring flip
Cruiser's 01, 220K Gone to a new home
Cruiser 03 133K Gone to a new home
Cruiser 06 110K Project Gone to new Home
Cruiser 05 Ltd 120,809 bought with broken belt Oct2015
May 16 Resurrected to once again roam the streets.

20 Miles South Of Pittsburgh
Old 14 Oct 2014, 07:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

the noise only happened 3 times before taking it in for repairs and only once after and no this dosnt do iy all the time you cant put your finger on it as to when it might happen sorry.
the bushings were the control arm bushings and the sway bar bushings.