Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Tired of putting my PT in the shop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Oct 2014, 09:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

Red face Tired of putting my PT in the shop

I have a 2002 PT with 122,000 miles. Just bought it for $2,000. Drove it 3 days and ended up putting it in the shop to have the head replaced. A week after it was out of the shop, it went back in for the cam shaft sensor to be replaced and the timing again. During all of this, the mechanic pinched a wire that took him 3 days to find and finally found it under the manifold. Now my air/heater only blow mild cool air...no heat/no cold....really? And the overflow is gurgling when i turn the engine off even though the temp gauge is perfect. This is my 2nd PT due to the reason that my first one was a dream and i never had any trouble from it. Any ideas about the air/heater issue?
Old 18 Oct 2014, 10:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Tired of putting my PT in the shop

You'll have to tear dash apart, but hoses to vents are probably off....

You bought an abused/ignored PT and you're blaming the car???

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 18 Oct 2014, 12:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I would suggest taking the PT Cruiser to another repair shop. Seems you have more problems than you started off with when you took it in.
How long after you took it to the repair shop before the air/heater only blows mild cool air problem? immediately?

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 18 Oct 2014 at 12:13 pm.
Old 18 Oct 2014, 12:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Most people will research to find a Doctor why is it so many will not do the same when it comes to vehicle repairs?

If you did take the time more of you would have less problems after the finished repair from shops.
Old 18 Oct 2014, 02:19 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Most people will research to find a Doctor why is it so many will not do the same when it comes to vehicle repairs?

If you did take the time more of you would have less problems after the finished repair from shops.
This is so true! I thought I would have learned my lesson, if you pay for cheap, you get something cheap!

Case in point: I recently had the windows re-tinted on my PT because I wanted it darker, especially on the back half of the vehicle. When I purchased it, it was already tinted by the dealership so I didn't get an opportunity to select the shade of tint. But they didn't charge me for it, so I took it as is.

I did a little research and thought I had selected a tint shop that used quality film and did a good job, was I wrong! The film they used is Suntek brand which I found out later is a very low grade film and their installation was lacking any kind of professional expertise! When I brought to the attention of the shop owner their numerous mistakes/defects and errors to their installation on my PT, he was only going to replace the tint on the (2) small quarter windows but not anything else, he basically told me it's the best that they can do. You can check out my review of this shop on Yelp.com (link below). In the end, I had the job redone by a different shop (Lone Star Window Tinting in Hurst, TX) that uses Llumar FormulaOne film, which is supposed the best available. The new shop did a great job, but it cost a little more and an additional $159 for them to strip off the old film from the first shop. But if I had gone with the second shop first, I wouldn't be out another $159, which the first shop owner refuses to reimburse me for. So all I can do is post my review and let others know what I experienced at their shop!

Tint World - Grapevine, TX | Yelp