PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
'03 PT Touring 'turbo lite' what can I do?

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Nov 2014, 10:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default '03 PT Touring 'turbo lite' what can I do?

Hello,
I have a 2003 PT Cruiser Touring with the turbo lite package. What would I need to do to gain more power? I am looking at a DiabloSport tuner. Can this tuner adjust boost pressure? And if it does, can it compensate with the fuel?
Old 12 Nov 2014, 10:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: '03 PT Touring 'turbo lite' what can I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick83 View Post
Hello,
I have a 2003 PT Cruiser Touring with the turbo lite package. What would I need to do to gain more power? I am looking at a DiabloSport tuner. Can this tuner adjust boost pressure? And if it does, can it compensate with the fuel?
I believe the answer is no on the DiabloSport tuner. What I think can be done is have a GT PCM of the same year flashe to your vin# And I believe you can stage 1 it. The DiabloSport tuner will only work with the GT and up.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 12 Nov 2014, 10:34 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
The DiabloSport tuner will only work with the GT and up.
So, if I were to obtain a GT PCM (might ask my local Chrysler dealer to see if they've got any laying around ) would then I be able to Stage 1 it?
Old 12 Nov 2014, 10:40 am
Obsessed Cruiser

There were no turbo Lites in '03.
Either you have an '03 GT or an '04 or later Turbo Lite.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 12 Nov 2014, 10:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
So, if I were to obtain a GT PCM (might ask my local Chrysler dealer to see if they've got any laying around ) would then I be able to Stage 1 it?
You should be able to go stage 1 without going to gt PCM. https://www.fwdperformance.com/Store/ Join here and ask them About a stage ine for you Ser#. Cindy Is the contact I think. Aske Nitro_PT. He has dealt with them.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 12 Nov 2014, 11:23 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
There were no turbo Lites in '03.
Either you have an '03 GT or an '04 or later Turbo Lite.
Hm. I can hear/feel it kick in going up hills around 2100 rpms...never had it taken apart but the dealer told me it has a turbo. Also has rear drums and front disc brakes. Maybe it could be an 04? Maybe the dealer marked it wrong for sale?
Old 12 Nov 2014, 11:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

look at the intake if its a turbo it will say 2.4 Turbo
Old 12 Nov 2014, 11:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Hm. I can hear/feel it kick in going up hills around 2100 rpms...never had it taken apart but the dealer told me it has a turbo. Also has rear drums and front disc brakes. Maybe it could be an 04? Maybe the dealer marked it wrong for sale?
What does badging on rear say? On right it should say 2.4 L turbo, what's on left?

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 12 Nov 2014, 11:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:

Not a sure way to tell but....

Open the drivers door and look for a white sticker on the edge of the door with information on it. In the center top line it gives you the month and year when it went through the assembly line under the heading "Date of MFR". Read that and tell us what it says.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 12 Nov 2014, 11:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Or you knwo open the hood and see if there is a turbo should work????