Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Tranmisson Leak

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Nov 2014, 08:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Tranmisson Leak

I'v noticed that right in the front of my PT, near the fan area there is about 5 Transmission fluid drops under my hood of my car. I've called my mechanic and the earliest he can squeeze me in is this Wednesday. Someone suggested that I put transmission leak stop, but I think I just want to leave my PT alone until a mechanic looks at it. I hoping it just the cooling tube leaking, but who knows. Has anyone ever had this issue?
Old 21 Nov 2014, 08:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Tranmisson Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by txh976 View Post
I'v noticed that right in the front of my PT, near the fan area there is about 5 Transmission fluid drops under my hood of my car. I've called my mechanic and the earliest he can squeeze me in is this Wednesday. Someone suggested that I put transmission leak stop, but I think I just want to leave my PT alone until a mechanic looks at it. I hoping it just the cooling tube leaking, but who knows. Has anyone ever had this issue?
Check your fluid level hot per the owner's manual. Could ps lines going into the radiator. They switched to trans fluid at some point in the power steering. Also some trans cooling lines going to the cooler in that ares. Look and tighten these if they bare wet . Then dry up everything to see if it comes back.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 21 Nov 2014, 09:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Check your fluid level hot per the owner's manual. Could ps lines going into the radiator. They switched to trans fluid at some point in the power steering. Also some trans cooling lines going to the cooler in that ares. Look and tighten these if they bare wet . Then dry up everything to see if it comes back.
I've been checking the fluid religiously lol. I bought a liter of trans fluid two days ago and have been putting a little in each day after I check the fluid to make sure it does not get low. I was hoping it was the power steering but the fluid levels have been dead on every time I check it. I will see if I can get my dad to check them out in his garage. Its snowy, icey and very cold in PA so i'm not able to do it in my driveway o
Old 21 Nov 2014, 11:41 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
I've been checking the fluid religiously lol. I bought a liter of trans fluid two days ago and have been putting a little in each day after I check the fluid to make sure it does not get low. I was hoping it was the power steering but the fluid levels have been dead on every time I check it. I will see if I can get my dad to check them out in his garage. Its snowy, icey and very cold in PA so i'm not able to do it in my driveway o
You need to check your levels on flat level ground. Only add if it shows low. Start look at the most forward spots on the car for the leak. Wind will carry it back along the underside of everything in it's path. Good job keeping an eye on things.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 21 Nov 2014, 01:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
You need to check your levels on flat level ground. Only add if it shows low. Start look at the most forward spots on the car for the leak. Wind will carry it back along the underside of everything in it's path. Good job keeping an eye on things.
Thanks! I've learned the hard way that ignoring things won't make things go away or fix it self! lol
Old 26 Nov 2014, 11:34 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Well I just got the verdict. It was the Transmission Cooler and hoses. They are only charging me $150 for the replacement of it!
Old 26 Nov 2014, 12:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Well I just got the verdict. It was the Transmission Cooler and hoses. They are only charging me $150 for the replacement of it!
Way cheaper than a transmission burned up by lack of fluid.

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com