Advertisements
my 2006 pain in you know what

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Nov 2014, 05:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default my 2006 pain in you know what

ok i been posting about my rough idle problems
had the head reworked found one exhalts valve burned or leaking low compression finnally got it back all together not sure if idle smoothed out that much but it runs started right up
now heres the problem oil running out of engine block and transmission housing a good leak a pretty good size puddle 3" circle just after a couple of minutes running at stop in the garage now what to do
one thing i read says it is time to sell with new head reworked and new air system ( compressor lines dryer ) everything is new you can tell new timing belts and kit installed at 86,000 miles now at 108,000.
i can list allot of things i replaced that are new
i have a nice running chevy this was a project car so is 1000 to much you can drive it home not to much left wrong or tell me something that won,t require me to take the head off again then i will fix please advise or junk title before 12/31/14 so i don't have to pay taxes on something that i will not be driving and have insurance on

sorry it took so long to reply

everything ok now!!!!!!!

here it is the only thing it could be,
first thing it says in the book
DO NOT install cams with any cylinder at top dead center

of course i was trying to hold the cam inline with #1 at tdc. it made the intake off from exhaulst by a tooth or so i had to put a wrench on the cam to hold over to line up so there was my oil leak lower intake was full of oil, do not ask me how
if it wasn't for the checking of the head gasket i would of never found it

i guess it would of saved me allot of headache along the way now all cylinders now running 180 across the board (+ or- a few)
it too easy to just read the instructions
thanks again

now how to determine how to find out if the evaporator is leaking another story but it leaks out a full charge in a few days

help my hands are bleeding who invented 4 letter words lol

Last edited by roadmap; 11 Dec 2014 at 09:04 am. Reason: found problem now fixed!!!!
Old 28 Nov 2014, 07:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: my 2006 pain in you know what

Is it engine oil or transmission oil leaking?
Old 28 Nov 2014, 08:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

What model cruiser we talking about? What year head gasket did you buy?

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 29 Nov 2014, 12:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2006 non turbo 2.4l bASE MODEL

here is what i found when cleaning up after i moved the car. there was a shinny dowel pin 1/4 round by 1" long do not know where it came from just under the center of the motor. it did not have any leaks before the head work

i purchased the gasket set from --mizumo auto out of california 02-09 chrysler pt cruiser and jeep 2.4l head gasket set + head bolts.. (sku) HS8-30102,HB5026,Sl1000 price 59.94 not bad price 100.00 cheaper then a local parts house.

i did drive it around the block only reason i came right back the battery light came on. i replaced the belt it probaly is too loose
how much free play?? i know it seated more for breakin battery need a slow charge after sitting a while it was working fine before i took off the belt

oil leak is between the tranny housing and rear of engine it looks oil not red in color like tranny fluid
i have to do a pressure test to check compression on cylinders to make sure gasket set right. leak down maybe but if have good compression now on all cylinder old readings #1 was at 120 all other cylinders were at 160 -170

manually handling the gas peddle giving it a quick pull it seems like i hear air sucking in like you used to hear on an old 4 barrel holly carb, floor it for fast take off it never had that quick responce times i do need to try it on the road but need the oil leak looked at

Last edited by roadmap; 29 Nov 2014 at 12:05 am.
Old 29 Nov 2014, 12:49 am
Senior Cruiser

I have read that the cam position sensor leaks sometimes, it has an "O" ring
could it be that easy since you had the head off?
70 340 4spd Dart Swinger "Those were the days my friend"
73 Charger SE
Had a few Vetts on the way 69, 85
Several Neons some flips
01 Sebring flip
Cruiser's 01, 220K Gone to a new home
Cruiser 03 133K Gone to a new home
Cruiser 06 110K Project Gone to new Home
Cruiser 05 Ltd 120,809 bought with broken belt Oct2015
May 16 Resurrected to once again roam the streets.

20 Miles South Of Pittsburgh
Old 29 Nov 2014, 07:17 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: my 2006 leak

in the gasket set all orings gaskets intake exhaults water, head everything replaced new

i bet because i had to jack the car up so high i pulled or broke something that caused the leak it looks internal
Old 29 Nov 2014, 08:12 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: my 2006 leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadmap View Post
in the gasket set all orings gaskets intake exhaults water, head everything replaced new

i bet because i had to jack the car up so high i pulled or broke something that caused the leak it looks internal
Jacking would not cause an internal leak such main rear seal. Is it possible you have a leak higher up that is running down to that area and being mistaken for the rear main. There is talk of crank walk on newer PT's but they have been described as leaking from the front of the crank.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 30 Nov 2014, 10:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

ok did a pressure test all cylinders are 180 across the head that better #1 was at 110 to 120 before the rest were at 170 to 80 but heres what i found after taking off the upper intake to do the testing raw oil on the lower intake on the flat surface no oil should be there
2. did put my hand around the back lower head (driver side) the was oil there too that was were my puddle of oil was coming from, i think
i know the head has to come off to check with old gasket and to see if it did not line up properly

engines fires right up runs smooth till oil is pumped up in the head then engine shaking happens
Old 30 Nov 2014, 11:01 am
Veteran Cruiser

Edited

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 30 Nov 2014, 09:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Valve cover gasket?

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles