PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
stupid question

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Nov 2014, 03:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default stupid question

I've been repairing my sister in laws 2006 cruiser with the 2.4l non turbo. Its taking forever as I only have a few hours on Sundays to make the drive and do the work. Motor is back is and started plugging stuff in, got to the starter and can't remember if the green fusible link goes on the same lug as the positive wire from battery or not. I took extensive pictures but moved them from my phone to my computer without thinking. Everything I see points to yes, they share the lug but I just want to be sure before I hook everything back up and fry something. I don't have my multimeter to test the wire back to the alternator.
Old 30 Nov 2014, 03:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: stupid question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85burbanator View Post
I've been repairing my sister in laws 2006 cruiser with the 2.4l non turbo. Its taking forever as I only have a few hours on Sundays to make the drive and do the work. Motor is back is and started plugging stuff in, got to the starter and can't remember if the green fusible link goes on the same lug as the positive wire from battery or not. I took extensive pictures but moved them from my phone to my computer without thinking. Everything I see points to yes, they share the lug but I just want to be sure before I hook everything back up and fry something. I don't have my multimeter to test the wire back to the alternator.
Hope this helps. No stupid questions!

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 30 Nov 2014, 03:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I found that image too, but that red cap covers up what I need to see. All the diagrams I've looked at say they go together so I'm sure they do. Looks like I'll be getting rained out before I have to start the motor so I can peek on the computer to make sure.

Thank you though busted_pt
Old 30 Nov 2014, 04:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Maybe this will help.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 30 Nov 2014, 04:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85burbanator View Post
I found that image too, but that red cap covers up what I need to see. All the diagrams I've looked at say they go together so I'm sure they do. Looks like I'll be getting rained out before I have to start the motor so I can peek on the computer to make sure.

Thank you though busted_pt

These two show that the green wire is connected to the red. Best imiages i got so far.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 30 Nov 2014, 04:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
These two show that the green wire is connected to the red. Best imiages i got so far.

...and I believe the schematic shows the RED wire coming from the battery, meeting the Green wire at the same terminal and then the Green wire goes off to the fusible link then off to the alternator.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 30 Nov 2014, 04:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

Just took these while under the hood of mine. Hope they help.

This shows where the red coon sects and the shape of the connector.

Attachment 12064

And this shows the green connected there as well.

20141130_154454.jpg

2005 Purple Pt Touring 130k Still Running Strong

New timing belt and water pump at 130k.
Old 30 Nov 2014, 04:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
...and I believe the schematic shows the RED wire coming from the battery, meeting the Green wire at the same terminal and then the Green wire goes off to the fusible link then off to the alternator.
That should confirm it then Crewzin.

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 30 Nov 2014, 04:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

The first didn't load. Here it is.
20141130_154439.jpg

2005 Purple Pt Touring 130k Still Running Strong

New timing belt and water pump at 130k.
Old 30 Nov 2014, 04:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

[QUOTE=05purplept;548124]The first didn't load. Here it is.

The first showed the top view of the thick RED wire (on top) going to the same screwed terminal as the GREEN wire coming in on the side.