Advertisements
Advise on new remote keyless entry module

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ptprice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Dec 2014, 02:11 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Advise on new remote keyless entry module

Well hopefully I figured out why my lift gate is not opening remotely. It seems the pressure switch in the hatch handle was disfunctioning as always open and burned out that portion of my original remote keyless entry remote module. This seems to happen at about 75000 t0 80000 miles. I've two friends with PTs with the same dysfunction and mileage. Cher' che' le' pressure switch!
I've acquired a new new module and pressure switch handle from Chrysler, (Parks of Augusta, Kansas giving me the best price) and I'll be installing both units this weekend.
I'll then have the module recalibrated to my remotes by a most reliable local locksmith. Doing the installation myself and having it recalibrated by a resonable locksmith keep it out of Chrysler's greedy hands for the work.
My question is addressed to the function of the door lock system, (IE the doors locking at a certain speed or other functions that could possibly interfere with the recalibration), should I remove the number three 20 A fuse (RKE, DR. LKS.) from the fuse box to disconnect the door locks before the drive to the locksmith for calibration or is that just overkill?
I'll take photos of the dissassembly and reassembly and post them, wishing for success. ptprice
Handy_Cruiser likes this.