Advertisements
CAR STALLED AND WONT START

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ptcruisersteve

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Dec 2014, 04:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy CAR STALLED AND WONT START

I was on the expressway and I heard a noise then the car stalled. I was going 70 miles an hour when it quit, the brakes raised and wouldn't work, so I had to coast on the side of the highway until it stopped. Then it wouldn't start back up. My lights still work with no dimming. I am a female and I know a little about cars but I don't have a lot of money to just buy things I think it might be. I think its the camshaft sensor but not sure. I need help please
Old 20 Dec 2014, 04:32 pm
Senior Cruiser

Exclamation Re: CAR STALLED AND WONT START

welcome to the forum annd from virginia . sounds to me like your timinng belt broke
Old 20 Dec 2014, 04:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: CAR STALLED AND WONT START

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty View Post
I was on the expressway and I heard a noise then the car stalled. I was going 70 miles an hour when it quit, the brakes raised and wouldn't work, so I had to coast on the side of the highway until it stopped. Then it wouldn't start back up. My lights still work with no dimming. I am a female and I know a little about cars but I don't have a lot of money to just buy things I think it might be. I think its the camshaft sensor but not sure. I need help please
Can you pull that sensor off? I think you broke the timing belt. Look in the hole where the sensor goes while someone tries to start it. If it turns You have a good belt . If not It broke. That can be expensive. Year and mileage?

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 20 Dec 2014, 05:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Does the engine crank when you try starting it up?
Did you try disconnecting the battery cable, turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights and then put the battery cable back on? Sometimes if it's the Camshaft sensor that is bad it will start up and run until the PCM determines that the sensor is not working and shut the engine down again.
Is your engine light on? If so are you able to get the engine trouble codes?
Old 21 Dec 2014, 12:18 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
Does the engine crank when you try starting it up?
Did you try disconnecting the battery cable, turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights and then put the battery cable back on? Sometimes if it's the Camshaft sensor that is bad it will start up and run until the PCM determines that the sensor is not working and shut the engine down again.
Is your engine light on? If so are you able to get the engine trouble codes?
Yo! Shorty!
Answer and get help...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles