PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
atx controller

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Dec 2014, 07:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: atx controller

I am in no way here to argue but i spoke with a man by the name of mike this morning and when i asked if they still sold the stage 1 kit for pt cruisers he told me no they did not and that the website would soon be changing. I hope for my sake someone can verify that stage 1's are still available somewhere. Any ideas? Also when someone mentioned the new solenoid pack were they just meaning from a newer model? Or afermarket?
Old 23 Dec 2014, 08:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
Good post Lynn.

I realise you are not supposed to NEED to do the quick learn process, but it certainly can't hurt. As well, while the data only comes from one source, Handy did report that he could feel the trans shifting better when he did this process, even though his new Stage 1 was not SUPPOSED to need it.

I didn't mention getting a stage 1 at the dealership, but I am quite certain they can update and retrain the transmission code with their drb3.

It may not be needed, but I can't think of a single con except the burning of a small bit of fuel?
Todd naturally should feel the difference as that was part of the programming ,however this was his first experience so if he were to swap his stock PCM back in he would also feel the lack of better shifting.

AS far as the TCM control I think we are talking about different things and I will at this time leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03ptatx View Post
I am in no way here to argue but i spoke with a man by the name of mike this morning and when i asked if they still sold the stage 1 kit for pt cruisers he told me no they did not and that the website would soon be changing. I hope for my sake someone can verify that stage 1's are still available somewhere. Any ideas? Also when someone mentioned the new solenoid pack were they just meaning from a newer model? Or afermarket?
Ok interesting! It us usually Cydi that does the ordering. Perhaps call them back and talk to her?
myckee likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 23 Dec 2014, 09:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I will call tomorrow and ask for cyndi if theu aren't closed and let u all know what she says.