PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
atx controller

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Dec 2014, 12:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default atx controller

Where can i buy something to replicate the effects of a mopar stage 1 for my 03 pt cruiser gt with autostick? Ive heard of syked and diablo intune but do either of these actually change how the transmission performs?
Old 23 Dec 2014, 12:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: atx controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03ptatx View Post
Where can i buy something to replicate the effects of a mopar stage 1 for my 03 pt cruiser gt with autostick? Ive heard of syked and diablo intune but do either of these actually change how the transmission performs?
Syked using diablosport DST,DSI or DSP, or custom with your PCM depending on the model and year. Most of the changes are at your request with a disclaimer given to you at use at your own risk.

There are some other controllers but I believe they are stand alones?

I wonder what you are ultimately trying to accomplished? Are you planning on rebuilding the transmission and /or adding a higher and modified torque converter and other upgrade components? These should really be done before changing to many aspect of the Chrysler transmission settings.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 23 Dec 2014, 12:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

This will be only trans mod besides transgo shift improver kit and external cooler. I just decided to make my daily driver car a little more entertaining to drive and i would like to keep my transmission up to par with engine mods as best as possible .will definitely upgrade internals once the original shits out. 03 gt auto cai 06 injectors on very soon to be added plastic manifold 3" o2 housing catless downpipe and srs exhaust and of course a tuner but i know the dsp doesn't help my auto tranny
Old 23 Dec 2014, 01:07 pm
Senior Cruiser

You could probably take your car to the dealer to have them do the quick learn on your car to improve shifts which is what comes preflashed on the stage 1 ecu. Or, you could do the learn steps yourself manually and essentially have the same thing. On Handy's stage 1 install thread, he has a link with the copy of the steps you could do.
Old 23 Dec 2014, 01:30 pm
Senior Cruiser

Here is the link to his thread:
The Handy Mopar Stage 1 Install
Old 23 Dec 2014, 03:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Does this actually improve shifting characteristics or just relearn transmission to ur driving style.
Old 23 Dec 2014, 03:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Does anybody still sell stage 1 for auto trans pt cruisers?? I spoke with fwdperformance today and they said they no longer aell stage 1s?
Old 23 Dec 2014, 04:24 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Does this actually improve shifting characteristics or just relearn transmission to ur driving style.
It does improve the intial set of shift points to a more performance oriented style and then will continue to fine tune to you. So the answer is yes to both parts.

Quote:
Does anybody still sell stage 1 for auto trans pt cruisers?? I spoke with fwdperformance today and they said they no longer aell stage 1s?
FWD has been selling them for ages and I would be surprised if they no longer have them. Anyway Syked Ecu Tuning can supply one too.
Old 23 Dec 2014, 05:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

There is a misunderstanding about the "Quick learn" process with regards to STAGE 1 PCMs?

This process was for older STAGE1 PCM upgrades not the current ones unless the supplier states it is needed. It DOES NOT improve any shifting characteristic as that was already done in the TCM Calibration portions controlled in the STAGE 1 PCM.

You can not get a STAGE 1 flashed into any PCM at a Chrysler dealership that I am aware of? And if they were capable you would not need to perform the "quick learn" process for it.

The cooler is great idea the shift kit you probably won't feel any difference but it will extend the life of the transmission. The reason is because your 41TE has a TCM that is controlled by the PCM and notas much by mechanical component changes as compared to a Torque flight or 727 "old school" transmissions.

You would be advised to change your external Chrysler A-604 (a/k/a 41TE) solenoid pack on the side of the transmissions as these are updated which can help prevent shift or other transmission issues.

STAGE 1 PCM through FWD are available as they find cores and have them serviced checked. Currently they have none in stock with about a 3-6 back order. They are not discontinued.

The availability of some specific model PCM from Syked must be checked as well.

Core availability from both sources if always a questionable challenge.
myckee likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 23 Dec 2014 at 05:31 pm.
Old 23 Dec 2014, 06:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
There is a misunderstanding about the "Quick learn" process with regards to STAGE 1 PCMs?

This process was for older STAGE1 PCM upgrades not the current ones unless the supplier states it is needed. It DOES NOT improve any shifting characteristic as that was already done in the TCM Calibration portions controlled in the STAGE 1 PCM.

You can not get a STAGE 1 flashed into any PCM at a Chrysler dealership that I am aware of? And if they were capable you would not need to perform the "quick learn" process for it.

The cooler is great idea the shift kit you probably won't feel any difference but it will extend the life of the transmission. The reason is because your 41TE has a TCM that is controlled by the PCM and notas much by mechanical component changes as compared to a Torque flight or 727 "old school" transmissions.

You would be advised to change your external Chrysler A-604 (a/k/a 41TE) solenoid pack on the side of the transmissions as these are updated which can help prevent shift or other transmission issues.

STAGE 1 PCM through FWD are available as they find cores and have them serviced checked. Currently they have none in stock with about a 3-6 back order. They are not discontinued.

The availability of some specific model PCM from Syked must be checked as well.

Core availability from both sources if always a questionable challenge.
Good post Lynn.

I realise you are not supposed to NEED to do the quick learn process, but it certainly can't hurt. As well, while the data only comes from one source, Handy did report that he could feel the trans shifting better when he did this process, even though his new Stage 1 was not SUPPOSED to need it.

I didn't mention getting a stage 1 at the dealership, but I am quite certain they can update and retrain the transmission code with their drb3.

It may not be needed, but I can't think of a single con except the burning of a small bit of fuel?