PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What to do???

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jan 2015, 11:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default What to do???

Hello everyone I'm new here and I have an 08 non turbo and I'm wanting a little more power, does anyone have any suggestions? It is currently stock, only thing done to it is its lowered on 18's. Will upload pics when I get a chance any advice is welcomed thank you - jarred
Old 03 Jan 2015, 11:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: What to do???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod87 View Post
Hello everyone I'm new here and I have an 08 non turbo and I'm wanting a little more power, does anyone have any suggestions? It is currently stock, only thing done to it is its lowered on 18's. Will upload pics when I get a chance any advice is welcomed thank you - jarred
Head and cams that about it for options that really work.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 03 Jan 2015, 11:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

What stage came would work with a factory motor? Or should I do intake headers and exhaust also???
Old 03 Jan 2015, 11:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
What stage came would work with a factory motor? Or should I do intake headers and exhaust also???
There's a whole lot of performance upgrade stuff available for the 1st Gen PT Cruiser GT. But there is much less for the regular naturally aspirated (NA) engine. And even a little less for the 2nd Gen (2006-2010) NA PT's.

I recommend contacting forum member, NitroPT. He has designed some performance camshafts that are supposed to work extremely well in the NA PT engines. I just ordered a set of his camshafts for my GT. And he may know of a few other performance upgrades that will actually add horsepower or torque to your 2008 PT.
767skyking likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 03 Jan 2015 at 11:55 pm.
Old 04 Jan 2015, 03:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

You should look into trading for a turbo PT.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 04 Jan 2015, 11:29 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yeah I thought about that but a- I really don't want a payment, and b- I'm afraid by trading with someone I'll get someone else's problems, my car has 0 problems and we brought all 3 of our kids home in it and we are the only owners of it so it has some sentimental value... I just wish it was faster...
Old 04 Jan 2015, 12:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Jrod87 likes this.
Old 04 Jan 2015, 12:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The biggest problem is the inability to re-address you PCM. You can get an improvement of about 30-50 hp with some carefully chosen parts before the PCM becomes a factor.

Ultimately if solid power improvements is your goal it will cost $$$.
I would be happy to suggest how to do it ?

There have been many NA owners that have done some reliable small power increases that you may want to use the search feature to find what they did in the past?

Look at threads posted by wwpptc.
Old 04 Jan 2015, 12:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Yeah I thought about that but a- I really don't want a payment, and b- I'm afraid by trading with someone I'll get someone else's problems, my car has 0 problems and we brought all 3 of our kids home in it and we are the only owners of it so it has some sentimental value... I just wish it was faster...
Are you in a state that does emissions testing? If so, you have to be careful in your upgrades, but money can make nearly anything possible.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 04 Jan 2015, 12:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yeah I live in wonderful California where almost everything is illegal... And I thought about doing typical intake headers exhaust throttle body fuel injectors stage 1 or 2 cam which ever works with factory heads, and a jet stage 2 tuner? I was thinking about doing a turbo install but from what I have read its a little bit of a challenge