Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
wow!!! ac evaporator rebuild

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 May 2015, 08:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default wow!!! ac evaporator rebuild

well i just got into the task of taking my dash apart. take it from me it harder to put back together then taking out the dash. took about 1.5 days to get out and three days to put back in. man it is a job if i knew now what i would not of done is try to tackle this job. with out a service manual so i decided to get one the 7 dollars on the internet from china (pdf) file. don,t know if i need it it not over yet the pt is not singing. noname pt or just a few curse words when taking skin off my knuckles. you could see all the yellow dye on the evap man was it dirty i put pick s later

now my question where did everybody purchase a aftermarket ac evap core local dealers are about 30 or more higher then internet i was looking into rock auto i might try them just because they have a phone to connect to if trouble comes from shipping 3 to choose from wondering witch one to get help me or tell me another good place to look.

since i am replacing the evap core and i took off the drier to get to the nut under it to get the thing out of the car. when recharging the ac system how much oil should i use to refill and the 18oz of freon it needs would 2 ounces of oil do the trick i am going to vacumn the unit out with my harbour frieght thing probably 1 hour should do the trick.

who or when should i just have a dealer recharge and vac the system after my rebuild plenty of ac shops around but another 200 sounds high i have the right equipement to recharge and vac

ok i need to know how much oil after rebuild and vac and where to purchase a ac evap core thanks for all the hel and sugestions