Advertisements
Find What is installed on car

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rk4262

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 May 2015, 12:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Red face Find What is installed on car

Hi, I am new, and I found a few threads on this subject but none of them answered my question. I have an 04 Limited, I want to add a cruise for my wife. My mechanic told me that some PT's adding the cruise is plug and play. Take off, the steering wheel plug in the new control stick and that's it. Others you have to add the complete wiring harness, and the vacuum stuff, and everything else.

How do I find out what is already installed on my car? Can I plug the VIN in somewhere and it tell me, or do I have to research it, or do I have to just take the car apart and find out if everything is there? If it isn't there, where can I find a list of all the parts?

My mechanic gave me a price, getting the part from the dealer of, $600, if I remember right, that was like 8 months ago. But, I know I can find the control stick for like $60 bucks, if that's all I need.

Thank you for your patience, and understanding in my not being able to find exactly what I was looking for.
Robby
Old 21 May 2015, 12:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Find What is installed on car

OK, I'm sorry, I just found the "Sticky's" in this section, none of them showed up in my searches. Then I left a thread I found in my search, and just went into posting my question. I don't know yet if I will find what I need, but I'm searching. But, don't hesitate to leave some info if you want.
Old 21 May 2015, 02:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk4262 View Post
OK, I'm sorry, I just found the "Sticky's" in this section, none of them showed up in my searches. Then I left a thread I found in my search, and just went into posting my question. I don't know yet if I will find what I need, but I'm searching. But, don't hesitate to leave some info if you want.
You used to be able to buy a kit. But you will need more that the control. Wiring should be there I think.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 21 May 2015, 03:21 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Because Trump

Last edited by sanatanadharma; 10 Nov 2016 at 06:12 pm.
Old 21 May 2015, 07:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks so much to both of you, Busted_PT, I think I found the kit aftermarket, but I need to check with the company just to make sure what's in it.

sanatanadharma, You have given me so much more information than I ever thought I would get, thank you. That's exactly what I need. I checked under the hood, and I am missing the servo, my back won't really let me check my wiring, I'll have to get my son to do that part tomorrow. But, at least now I know what to look for.

I give you 150,000 Starforce Emerald Gems for your help.
Old 22 May 2015, 12:08 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Because Trump

Last edited by sanatanadharma; 10 Nov 2016 at 06:12 pm.
Old 23 May 2015, 03:54 am
Fresh Cruiser

Duuude, how can I ever repay you? I swear I'll dance at your wedding, or on your grave, whichever you want, and considering I have a broke back that's saying something.
Old 22 Sep 2015, 01:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanatanadharma View Post
Inside the cabin, at the 7-cavity clock-spring connector (green), look for an existing wire in cavity 6.

Cruise control requires a different, 3-connector clock-spring, to which the control stalk is attached. Your clock-spring is likely to be the other and have only the horn and harness connectors.
The steering wheel shroud also is also different.
When we mention the clockspring connector, are we talking the little white plug that goes into the clock spring that has the horn wires running off it towards the buttons or are we talking about the connector in the back of the clockspring hidden by the multifunction shroud?

I have everything good to go aside from the wiring to the control switch (on/off/set/etc). Right now I have no idea where I should be looking and/or doing....

PS: my car was prewired at the brake light switch and for the servo, so I bought junkyard parts instead of a new OEM kit.

Last edited by Dude13450; 22 Sep 2015 at 01:54 am.

Tags
2004, cruise control, installed, options