PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Which PT Cruisers came equipped with the 11" diameter rear rotors?

Like Tree13Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 May 2015, 09:01 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Which PT Cruisers came equipped with the 11" diameter rear rotors?

I just measured the rear rotors on my 2004 5-speed PT GT and measured them 10.5" (just rounding #'s here I know they're actually larger like 10.62). Which PT Cruisers came equipped with the 11" rear rotor size? The only thing I could see was that the H/O versions came with them but I was under the impression all manual PT GT's were H/O? If anyone has some clarification on this subject it would be most welcome as my searches haven't turned up much useful information.
Old 27 May 2015, 10:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Which PT Cruisers came equipped with the 11" diameter rear rotors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinPurplePeopleEater View Post
I just measured the rear rotors on my 2004 5-speed PT GT and measured them 10.5" (just rounding #'s here I know they're actually larger like 10.62). Which PT Cruisers came equipped with the 11" rear rotor size? The only thing I could see was that the H/O versions came with them but I was under the impression all manual PT GT's were H/O? If anyone has some clarification on this subject it would be most welcome as my searches haven't turned up much useful information.
H.O. only means it is a GT auto or 5 sp. No HO in 03 because the turbo lite had not been released. All GTs should have the same one.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 27 May 2015, 10:33 pm
Regular Cruiser

See that's what I thought... I guess I'm confused why they would have two different rear rotor sizes for the PT GT's. They list both 10.62 and 11.02, I think those are the sizes anyways. I just found it strange that the rotor sizes would be different for the same model of car.
Old 28 May 2015, 07:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
See that's what I thought... I guess I'm confused why they would have two different rear rotor sizes for the PT GT's. They list both 10.62 and 11.02, I think those are the sizes anyways. I just found it strange that the rotor sizes would be different for the same model of car.
Maybe a year thing.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 28 May 2015, 10:58 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Maybe a year thing.
Looks like you were right about the year thing. From what I could find the PT GT's had 10.62" rear rotors up until 2005 and then from 2006 on they came with 11.02" rear rotors.
Old 28 May 2015, 11:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I'd like to see that reference.

Everything I can find shows a 270 mm (10.62 inch) disc for the rear of the turbo PT from 2004 thru 2009. There is a change in the OEM rear rotor in 2006 when disc thickness was reduced from 12 to 9 mm. But it appears the aftermarket versions can be interchangeable depending on the design.
myckee likes this.
Old 28 May 2015, 12:01 pm
Regular Cruiser

Well it's not so much a reference as a speculation on what parts sites sold what size rotors for different years. I'm probably wrong, if anyone who owns a 2006+ GT could chime in on rotor size that'd be awesome. I just wanted to know so that I ordered the right size rotors for my car.
Old 28 May 2015, 12:03 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
I'd like to see that reference.

Everything I can find shows a 270 mm (10.62 inch) disc for the rear of the turbo PT from 2004 thru 2009. There is a change in the OEM rear rotor in 2006 when disc thickness was reduced from 12 to 9 mm. But it appears the aftermarket versions can be interchangeable depending on the design.
I think the difference is between whether it is a GT or a turbo lite with 4 wheel disc. Again speculation here though.
Old 28 May 2015, 12:07 pm
Senior Cruiser

Like Handy, I have never seen a listing for an 11" rear rotor. The fronts are a different story, but no 11" rear rotors.
Old 28 May 2015, 12:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
I think the difference is between whether it is a GT or a turbo lite with 4 wheel disc. Again speculation here though.
A light with disk would have the same as a n/a. As the front are just n/a calipers.

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Closed Thread