Advertisements
Cooling Fan on Temp

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rob342

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jul 2015, 11:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Cooling Fan on Temp

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has a way of changing the cooling fan ON temp. I am running a 180 stat and would like to drop the ON to 195 or so, I think it is 220 by default.
Old 20 Jul 2015, 11:47 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Cooling Fan on Temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest View Post
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has a way of changing the cooling fan ON temp. I am running a 180 stat and would like to drop the ON to 195 or so, I think it is 220 by default.
you're close!

on my ford i run two of these(one each for low/hi):
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-16759
however on your car you would be better off with the screw in sender due to the PT's thin radiator.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-16749/overview/

you might consider using ONE of those adjustable controllers that I used in conjunction with a small fan affixed to the front of the radiator like nitro used

that is unless anyone has an easier way for you to do it.. nice thing about this route is you leave all the factory stuff alone and adjust temp with a small screwdriver.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (52.3 KB, 50 views)
Old 21 Jul 2015, 06:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the suggestion. I already had a fan available so I installed it today. Do you have your fan using a temp sensor?
Old 21 Jul 2015, 06:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

My GT has manual switch with separate relay to additional aux fan that will also activate the OEM along with normal PCM control adjusted temperature ranges via DST controlling both fans.

Rob342 nice RED PT I see it has a Nitrous Nozzle in the intake manifold. WOW!

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 21 Jul 2015, 06:52 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
My GT has manual switch with separate relay to additional aux fan that will also activate the OEM along with normal PCM control adjusted temperature ranges via DST controlling both fans.

Rob342 nice RED PT I see it has a Nitrous Nozzle in the intake manifold. WOW!
i had to reeeeeealllly look to see that. LOL. nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest View Post
Do you have your fan using a temp sensor?
yea the link is in my above post. the controller is a little black box. it has a small screw that you can turn to adjust hotter or colder.

i like nitro's method better if you have the $$$ to pursue it. my car is a 1992 ford so that fancy electronic junk isn't an option. i feel spoiled just having the electric fan
Old 21 Jul 2015, 07:00 pm
Senior Cruiser

Yes, if you have a DiabloSport device, you can modify the range the stock fan operates on your GT. If you don't have a Diablo Sport tuner then you could send your ECU off to someone like Syked, and for a small fee he could modify this for you too. These are great options if you don't want to run an auxiliary fan and the extra wiring that it would entail.
Old 21 Jul 2015, 10:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Um...... really the first fan manual switch was nothing more than a universal 30amp relay kit and switch wired to the BIG wire on the OEM fan at the connector, 12 bucks on ebay! . The rest came later. I think I did a picture of what I did around here somewhere?

IMHO it really is not the best investment to send a PT Cruiser PCM away to get anything done. The better investment is to get a Diablow Sport device. That way you can send DATA logs email have a CMR calibrate a file based off of your DATA logs and email them back to you. 45 seconds to upload and done deal! NO DOWN TIME waiting for the mail man to deliver the calibrator make adjustments and send it back to you. And if they are not accurate or exactly what you want ...well you get it!

Even purchasing STAGE 1 MOPAR PCM is a little antiquated for Turbo Model PT's anymore. They are very conservative and the cost of one you could buy a DSP and do better PCM calibrations.

I have already created 14 files now for different driving habits or conditions. To bad we currently can't share DS files. Well unless you are a CMR or have a device to copies them.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN