Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
EVAP P0441 over tank parts list?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Nov 2015, 02:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default EVAP P0441 over tank parts list?

We've had the all-too-common P0441. Unfortunately, for our "convenience", the state of Texas is requiring an inspection as a prerequisite of registration. Had previously swapped gas caps but of course that didnt work.

So, we are starting with the usual suspect, the NVLD, which will be here tomorrow. While the tank was down I figured I'd replace the rubber hoses as I'd read somewhere that they can crack. Here's my current list...

2' of 1" (27mm) inside diameter fuel filler hose
2' of 7mm (1/4") fuel hose (low pressure) for the vent tube.

I don't know the size of the hoses on top of the fuel tank or if they are so contorted that non-molded hoses are non-starters. The illustration of the top of the fuel tank on page 25-14 of the FSM suggests they aren't too contorted but illustrations rarely match reality. I thought I'd pick up some Permatex® PermaShield™ Fuel Resistant Gasket Dressing & Flange Sealant to dress the joints. I'll put a coat around the metal-to-plastic joint in the filler neck while it's all out as well.

Anything else I should add to my shopping list?

Thanks,
Jim